DFW Folks let me hear from you!

I would love to see a DCI Regional possibly a World Championship @ the new Cowboys Stadium(will have artifical turf) when it opens in 09!! I know it a long way off!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk to Jerry- it's his house. :P

Good luck prying away the regional from San Antonio. It would be great if there were 2 regionals in state, but I kinda' think DCI would limit us to one....would much prefer to have our regional outdoors. finals would be more realistic, but I still think I'm still suffering heat stroke from '91 finals at the Cotton Bowl...but hey, atleast it's not Jackson Mississippi.

Good luck prying away the regional from San Antonio. It would be great if there were 2 regionals in state, but I kinda' think DCI would limit us to one....would much prefer to have our regional outdoors. finals would be more realistic, but I still think I'm still suffering heat stroke from '91 finals at the Cotton Bowl...but hey, atleast it's not Jackson Mississippi.

If they would much prefer to have our regional outdoors, why wouldn't they hold it in the new Cowboys stadium?

Traffic is going to be a #####, though, what with Six Flags, The Ballpark (not Ameriquest ^0^ ), and Hurricane Harbor all within sight.

If they would much prefer to have our regional outdoors, why wouldn't they hold it in the new Cowboys stadium?

Traffic is going to be a #####, though, what with Six Flags, The Ballpark (not Ameriquest ^0^ ), and Hurricane Harbor all within sight.

I'm not sure they would want to have the regional outdoors. I was just saying that I personally would love for it to be outdoors (I think it sounds and even looks better). Of course, ask me that again after I've been sweating balls in the Dallas, Texas sun for 12 hours straight. I'm a much bigger wuss now than I used to be.

I'm not sure they would want to have the regional outdoors. I was just saying that I personally would love for it to be outdoors (I think it sounds and even looks better). Of course, ask me that again after I've been sweating balls in the Dallas, Texas sun for 12 hours straight. I'm a much bigger wuss now than I used to be.

Well the City of Dallas is pumping money(I dont know why) into revamping the Cotton Bowl.............oh well for now we'll just have to watch shows at Lake Highlands HS.

Well the City of Dallas is pumping money(I dont know why) into revamping the Cotton Bowl.............oh well for now we'll just have to watch shows at Lake Highlands HS.

Actually they moved it this year. It's in Mesquite now. Here's a picture. http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictu..._memorial.shtml

Much bigger stadium but now it's a longer drive all the way around to the other side of the metroplex. And I believe they raised the ticket prices like $10 as well. But oh well. I can't wait to be back in Texas for drum corps! ^OO^

Edited by AQFlamDrag

Actually they moved it this year. It's in Mesquite now. Here's a picture. http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictu..._memorial.shtml

Much bigger stadium but now it's a longer drive all the way around to the other side of the metroplex. And I believe they raised the ticket prices like $10 as well. But oh well. I can't wait to be back in Texas for drum corps! ^OO^

Lakeland HS was unavailable this year. Mesquite was the best choice of what was available, according to my highly placed CTU sources.

Bob

The Dallas show should always be at a stadium like Mesquite. The show has outgrown the stadium at Lake Highlands, plain and simple.

A much better location would have been UTA's stadium. It's a great stadium with plenty of capacity, nice turf field, and it's centrally located in the Metroplex. That's much better than NE Dallas for the Lake Highlands show, or the east side of town in Mesquite. Having both watched shows and marched shows at both Lake Highlands and UTA, UTA simply blows Lake Highlands out of the water.