Corps with pets

2003 Blue Devils: Chachi, a Bichon

2004 Glassmen: Chachi, a Bichon

2005 Crossmen: Chachi, a Bichon

2006 Crown: Chachi, a Bichon

Cutest little white dog owned by a bus driver. Dog was so quiet and well behaved, some members didn't even know he was on the bus until mid-tour. True. He was, however, known to stand up on the driver's seat with his paws on the steering wheel as if driving, looking for his owner to return to the bus. Cute as heck!

Crown 2006, lets not also forget Squirt the Chihuahua!

Another funny story about Teal's pooch in 2006..: He got loose at the Columbia, SC show last year and ran out onto the field during Teal's performance!!

The Crown show guys could only laugh..though I do remember Tim Meals (the DCI guy) was a little perturbed!

Edited by tubamann

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During Spring Training in 04 one of the Cadets members had a pet lizard named Jethro, unfortunately Jethro met an untimely death

Didn't Jethro get left accidentally on a heat duct or something to that extent? Sorry if I'm way off, but I think I recall hearing about this one.

Crown 2006, lets not also forget Squirt the Chihuahua!

Another funny story about Teal's pooch in 2006..: He got loose at the Columbia, SC show last year and ran out onto the field during Teal's performance!!

Indeed, little "Squirt" was part of Crown's '06 tour as well. Chachi is going for the record of "Most Drum Corps Toured Dog." If all goes well, he'll be on his 5th consecutive summer tour.

And yes, I was there when Teal's little furry friend wanted to become part of the show that night. CUTE! As I understand it, they just befriended it that day of the day before and became an honorary member after his performance on the field that night.

Didn't Jethro get left accidentally on a heat duct or something to that extent? Sorry if I'm way off, but I think I recall hearing about this one.

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. We tried to rename him James posthumously but the bad karma was already done :P