6. Star 93

7. Bridgemen 80

8. Cadets 87

There you have it....Your top 8 in the 2007 Classic Countdown

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Phantom and Cavies 06 but it just seems odd to me that 2 of the most recent shows got this much attention. They're great shows but I can't put them that high in my book. I guess we have short memories or the majority of the people doing the voting haven't seen that many shows.

Agreed on the '06 shows, particularly Phantom. Hard to imagine that one will stand up over time.

Another curious choice was BD '94. Good show, but there are better examples of BD work. My guess is the BD votes spread themselves out. If we were asked to pick our favorite BD show, I doubt it would be '94.

Star, Madison and SCV were predictable. So too for Cadets. Bridgemen seemed a bit of a surprise. Not that it doesn't rate. Rather that it outran others of the era such as 27, Spirit, etc., as well as VK from the next generation.

Big disappointment for me? I was really hoping a Crossmen show from the early 90s would sneak in. I knew it would be a longshot, but I hoped.

HH

I agree that the 06 shows are kind of a head scratcher. Plenty of shows by those corps that I thought people would want to see, I mean, we just saw these shows live this year - lots of great ones that many people haven't been exposed to as of yet.

Personally, BD 94 is one of my all-time favorites from ANY corps.

As for the rest, I can see where people are comming from - but I am surprissed to SCV 89 back in so soon.

I'm glad for my Bridgemen buddies they got their due..but Star 93? C'mon people..91 is the best of all time imo...I'm surprised by the 06 shows too.. I just heard the Faust show for the first time, I wonder what the drill looked like.

Wow..the only ones I like from this list are Bridgemen, Blue Devils (love that 94 show) and the Madison show.

I'm glad I didn't go...this was just really strange....93 over 91 Star? :lol::lol::tic:

Personally I think that they shouldn't have allowed any shows from a previous year..it just isn't "classic" to me.

Edited by Lancerlady

I'm glad for my Bridgemen buddies they got their due..but Star 93? C'mon people..91 is the best of all time imo...I'm surprised by the 06 shows too.. I just heard the Faust show for the first time, I wonder what the drill looked like.

Wow..the only ones I like from this list are Bridgemen, Blue Devils (love that 94 show) and the Madison show.

I'm glad I didn't go...this was just really strange....93 over 91 Star? :lol::lol::tic:

they showed that '80 bridgemen show LAST year! See.......that's what I THOUGHT would happen!

Edited by Lucy65

One thing to remember is you have to take the rankings with a grain of salt.

Regiment 89 was tenth or so, but may have actually been 5th in voting.

Things like that.

However, I was surprised 87 Cadets finished low and 89 SCV finished so high.

I love SCV as much as anyone but would have preferred to see a show they hadn't shown before.

87 SCV had my vote.

As for 06 Cavies and PR, Cavies was fine, but would have preferred 03 Regiment.

I guess my last thing is why can't we do something in December?

We have the CC in April, Qrtrs in August, why not add something over the winter when we are all in withdrawal?

How about an entire top 12 from the year that gets the most votes?

Personally I think that they shouldn't have allowed any shows from a previous year..it just isn't "classic" to me.

Actually, I can't believe Star '91 or '93 made it before '90. There's just so much good stuff going on in that show that I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention. At the very least, this is the best Star show IMO.

Edit: Haven't they already shown Star '93 at one of these?

Edited by Medeabrass

they showed that '80 bridgemen show LAST year! See.......that's what I THOUGHT would happen!

Yeah I know..I guess I'm confused..is this the "alleged" countdown that fans claim are the best drum corps show of all time or what is the purpose of this countdown? :lol: