Making Spring Training "Easier"

you simply stand around for 5 minutes here and there waiting on the other section to do something and it's a great opportunity to get to know something random about someone else near you in the formation. Do that 20 times over the course of the summer and your teammates will definitely remember you.

Actually, I would suggest the exact opposite. That 5 minutes is when you should be doing some sort of physical activity to make yourself stronger. Unless you are at a really laid back corps, extra talking on the field is severely frowned upon. The time to talk to others is before/after rehearsal and long water breaks - NOT during.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But when you get a pedicure, they shape your toenails so they grow properly (without giving you ingrown toenails, which suck real bad, or so I've been told).

I got an in-grown toenail in pre-tour 2005. Based on my experience, I would say that you need to not march until you can get it taken care of. I tried to march a few blocks and I ended up contorting my ankle a little bit to compensate for my toe, and I ended up hurting my ankle a bit because of it. I hate to be the guy sitting out, especially during ensemble, but I had to make myself do it the night before I got my ingrown toenail taken out by a doctor.

Do pilates.
Yep for 2 reasons:

1) Sexy Abs

2) Good balance and center control

2 Great reasons to do Pilates in Drum Corps. That's why its there :)

From a very good authority:

I'm not overweight, and think I'm in pretty good shape for drum corps. I do pilates and yoga and I can bench press...

MG: *Sigh* Let me make this simple. Your most important physical skill for movement will be (drumroll please) BEING ABLE TO MOVE. But I'm really impressed with all those cool exercises you can do lying down or sitting motionless.

But honestly OP, you should have started weeks, if not months ago (maybe you did). Best of luck,

-Means