What do you think of the corps' 2007 music you've heard?

I'm sure by now many have heard music for some of the corps' upcoming shows. What do you think of the music so far?

Phantom Regiment (9.5/10)- Classic, solid Phantom, masterfully arranged.

Cadets (9.5/10)- Jay Bocook. 'Nuff said.

Carolina Crown (9/10)- Only heard their ballad, but it's one of their best.

Madison Scouts (9/10)- Totally rockin'.

Blue Devils (8.5/10)- Grooves...for the most part.

Bluecoats (8/10)- Only heard the closer, and it seems very chaotic and dissonant. I'm excited about the rest of the show though.

I think it's going to be a great season musically.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only listened to Cadets and Madison.

Loved both. I would give both a 9.8

No thanks, I'd rather speculate from April recordings made on someone's cellphone that someone posted on YouTube

Wow, give the guy a break, he's not asking for predictions or placements, just what you think of what you've heard. The wait till August crowd is becoming a bit cliche and boring. If it means that much to you, then I look forward to not seeing another post from ya'll until after finals, since that seems to be your implication.

Wow, give the guy a break, he's not asking for predictions or placements, just what you think of what you've heard. The wait till August crowd is becoming a bit cliche and boring. If it means that much to you, then I look forward to not seeing another post from ya'll until after finals, since that seems to be your implication.

I don't think that will be too hard...

I've only heard Madison so far but am very very excited for them this summer. Are the recordings of the others available through the corps' websites or just youtube (can't access youtube where I'm at).

Haha, I have a strange feeling that in about two weeks you'll be getting your wish.

I'm kinda diggin The Cadets' music, but the narration in the show is going to get a big thumbs down from me. Madison is the only other stuff I've heard, and I'm on the fence about it... sounds too much like a HS band show to me, but I hope seeing it live will change my mind. :ph34r: