DCA corps and fast endings

I think it's a little silly looking, yes. 3/4 looks alright but you always notice the people not in shape with slower feet or bad posture. It just ruins it for me. But, if the corps want to do it and the members love performing it, why not?

I used to love performing fast and intense tempos in junior, but I am just a lazy ### now and will complain about anything above 180. lol

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think that senior corps look silly trying to pull off very fast tempo endings to their show?

Juniors train all season long to be able to run on the field and still have breath and control after 10 minutes.

Seniors used to have those very slow, never ending endings which needed to change, but everyone was doing it

just like today's fast endings. Do you have to do it because everyone else is? Some old guys look awful silly

running around the field despite the trends of modern drill. Cant DCA corps put the speed drill prior to the final

notes and not end up looking and sounding frantic and out of control as a last impression?

I just watched Boston 2000 Red, they didnt end at 200 bpm.

Who had the best show ending in 2006 DCA?

i think this is a very good question..and it def. has me thinking..

one reason i like fast endings is because for the most part they're pretty bad ### (depending on which corp is performing it). I get hyped when i know im about to run across the field playing paradiddles at 208bpm. Its pretty like your last shot to emote all the energy and intensity of the show.

p.s- the best ending of DCA 2006 was Cabs...by far

I can remember seeing Empire in the early 90's (maybe 91) with a fast ending that was superb. They didn't stop running until the last note and it was perfect (has to be 91).

Bushwackers in 96, talk about your fast endings. Watch the feet and legs going in that whole show (and they could still play). Loved that show.

I don't care if the ending is either fast or slow as long as it is effective. Just because tempos are up and there is a lot of drill does not make an ending effective, all that does is make it hard. Jacking your tempos can often times take away from some other great things that you can do with your drill. Ask a guard member how much they enjoy those 180+ endings.

Also it often takes the entire season to clean up those fast endings. Sure we have a great ending for DCA championships, but what about for the people who see us in early June or in July? They only get to see that we are moving and playing a lot, it is often times unreadable and very dirty.

And then a fast ending also raises some judging questions. Does the corps that moves at say 168 but does it very well and very clean get more credit then the corps who moves at 180 with some visible dirt?

Bottom line I enjoy a fast ending when it is performed at a very high level. But a fast ending for the sake of generating some excitement and sacrificing clarity is not something that appeals to me.

My personal preference is the happy ending.......

and I don't really care if it is fast, slow or in between......

although I am a fan of getting lots of reps on that section!

:blink:

Ladies and gentlemen,

Mr Dennis Argul..Next show is in the Bayonne arts factory lounge.10.pm. :P

"Bottom line I enjoy a fast ending when it is performed at a very high level. But a fast ending for the sake of generating some excitement and sacrificing clarity is not something that appeals to me.

Well said SPC! i couldnt agree more.

As far as the question of who had the best ending in 06? I cant say from having watched any... but i do remember a couple shows either waiting to go on after, or just having finsihed before the Cabs and hearing the audience reaction and thinkin "####.....". lol

Again, i never saw thier show, but it seems to me that the ending should be the "Knockout punch" of a show.. and it seems they accomplished that.

Brigs 04... ####!! that was fun!

Fast, but not rediculous, clean, in your face! what a hornline!

Tone Tone

Just play baby! All that matters is the people in the stands!

Edited by Skydrummer9