DCI Top 17-25 VHS Tapes & eBay

I am completely in on this. How about it DCI? Also, for those interested, I have listed 1990 on ebay. 200.00 gets you the top 25 in multicamera angles.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my copy of the Legacy collection for $399. I would have easily paid a LOT more if these would have contained top 25 performances rather than top 12.

Here's what I would like to see released again on DVD - (pipe dream, I know) :)

All highcam semis/prelims Top 25 vids dating back to whenever they first started them. I have seen them as early as 1979 up to 1987.

All the Video Express Videos 1988-1994, including high cam and multicam performances of ALL corps at ALL perfiormances - quarters, semis and finals. I believe Video Express did all of this for those years. For ex. - it would be cool to have ALL of the videos of 1990 Star (Quarters, Semis, Finals in High Cam and Multicam) Kind of like a Corpak from the 92 year, but even more.

1995-1998 - ALL corps performances from the week - I think they only did multicam here, but if high cam was available... I would love to have 1998 Cadets from Quarters and Semis for example

1999-2005 All INDIVIDUAL videos re-released - for ex. 2000 Cadets from Quarters or Semis.

Now all of that would be very cool :)

Lee D.

It is so simple these days to transfer VHS to DVD and get good results. This is especially true if there is no macro vision protection. All you need is a DVD recorder and a VCR. If you record at the lower speed the quality will match or surpass the VHS copy. Even with macrovison there are solutions available to remove the copy protection. I cannot believe that DCE does not even have a list of inventory! I say next year when the Indy move is complete we get a group together and head out a bit early finals week and volunteer to help them document what they have!

My brother in law has the real equipment to do this, he owns a video production company, he did it for me, for just my own personal use, of 83-86 27th Lancers on DVD format from the VHS. He did it, so surely DCI can do this too.

Edited by Lancerlady

Here's what I would like to see released again on DVD - (pipe dream, I know) :)

All highcam semis/prelims Top 25 vids dating back to whenever they first started them. I have seen them as early as 1979 up to 1987.

All the Video Express Videos 1988-1994, including high cam and multicam performances of ALL corps at ALL perfiormances - quarters, semis and finals. I believe Video Express did all of this for those years. For ex. - it would be cool to have ALL of the videos of 1990 Star (Quarters, Semis, Finals in High Cam and Multicam) Kind of like a Corpak from the 92 year, but even more.

1995-1998 - ALL corps performances from the week - I think they only did multicam here, but if high cam was available... I would love to have 1998 Cadets from Quarters and Semis for example

1999-2005 All INDIVIDUAL videos re-released - for ex. 2000 Cadets from Quarters or Semis.

Now all of that would be very cool :)

Lee D.

Lee,

Between you and me, dont we have most of that stuff anyway ??? LOL

~G~

Edited by GMichael1230