Need Suggestions

la mejor

The best I have found in all my years is good 'ol community involvement. The typical bake sales, yard sales & car washes bring in more if you advertise, advertise, advertise.

I also go out in the community & surrounding area & seek out corporate sponsorship. I have my kids to the same with family, friends & small local businesses. Our moto is: "Any contribution from $5 to $500 would be greatly appreciated." LOL

Usually enough is raised to do what I want to do. The band directors & school boards I have worked for love it because I'm so proactive on that end. Less for them to worry about & less money out of their budgets.

for many years we did the hershey's candy bar sales. withing the past 2 years or so, they downsized the size of the candy and no one wanted to but it from the fundraising when they could get it cheaper elsewhere.

we decided to go with gurtrude & hawks candy bars. they were a huge success. we had some member raise almost $500.00 alone on these candy bars.

we also did the usual yankee candles.

i would take a look into the gurtrude and hawk though... it was a great fundraiser.

hope this helps

• 2 months later...

We do candle sales (local family owned candles, fantastic service, wonderful scents--better than home interiors), the Little Ceasers pizza kits are a huge success. . maybe check into that one?

the Little Ceasers kits initially look expensive (average is $18.00), but the kit makes 3 pizzas, so that's only $6/pizza. They are the equivalent of a large size. Kit includes crust, sauce, cheese and topping. They also have the Krazy Bread kits and desert pizza kits. YUMM!

my guard did car washes before it was illegal in california. i know it was mentioned before, but they were so much fun, i just had to mention them again.

we also had the parents sew flags in exchange for a lower assessment. that way, families didnt have to pay more if they could sew.

um, what else...

if you have the opportunity to host a competition, try doing advertisements in the program. those helped a lot for us.

we also tried to get businesses to sponsor each member. kind of hard, but worth trying.

my guard did car washes before it was illegal in california. i know it was mentioned before, but they were so much fun, i just had to mention them again.

we also had the parents sew flags in exchange for a lower assessment. that way, families didnt have to pay more if they could sew.

um, what else...

if you have the opportunity to host a competition, try doing advertisements in the program. those helped a lot for us.

we also tried to get businesses to sponsor each member. kind of hard, but worth trying.

Hosting a show is a great way to make money. We hosted 2 (one a WGI regional, one was Championships) and made a great deal of money for the program-- not as easy with an Independent Unit, but you can usually co-host with a local school and split the profits.

Having parents sew flags/uniforms and help build/paint props is a great way to save money. Some will even donate the materials or chip in to buy stuff! I love those parents :-)