Grant money for your corps?

Hey all!

Target gives out grants to non-profit organizations. Go to their website www.target.com/grants and you can apply for a local store grant of up to $3000, if you have a store near you. You have to apply by 5/31/07, so act FAST! You can apply online - quick and easy. Be sure to download their templates for budget and bod info. If you are fortunate enough to live in the MN area, you may qualify for even more.

Hope it helps! Have a great season!!

Hey all!

Target gives out grants to non-profit organizations. Go to their website www.target.com/grants and you can apply for a local store grant of up to $3000, if you have a store near you. You have to apply by 5/31/07, so act FAST! You can apply online - quick and easy. Be sure to download their templates for budget and bod info. If you are fortunate enough to live in the MN area, you may qualify for even more.

Hope it helps! Have a great season!!

Thanks for bringing everyone's attention to this. MCL applied for a Target grant last year without success, but we're trying again this year. With grants, success oftentimes hinges on persistence and luck. It is my understanding the grant decisions are made at the local store level so if you're are lucky enough to get a "decider" with a music background they might look favorably upon your application. Give it a shot. It's a relatively easy application process and 3K is nothing to sneeze at.

At Grants.org there are severalgrants that a corps "could" get but the corps would have to do things like take in a inner city youth,find a child that has a parent that is in prison and teach them a art stuff like that.

At Grants.org there are severalgrants that a corps "could" get but the corps would have to do things like take in a inner city youth,find a child that has a parent that is in prison and teach them a art stuff like that.

Would having members on prison work-release be good enough? :-)

Bob

that takes me to the website for Grants, New Mexico. Are you referring to grants.gov, Ed?

FWIW - Walmart offers the same community grants opportunities. you just have to secure an application from your local store.

that takes me to the website for Grants, New Mexico. Are you referring to grants.gov, Ed?

FWIW - Walmart offers the same community grants opportunities. you just have to secure an application from your local store.

Silly me :P

Thanks for posting this! Renegades have their application in thanks to Lisa Dryden!!! :ph34r:

You're welcome.... Just sharin' the love! Remember that when you're writing a grant to a corporation, they are looking for recognition. Be sure to tell them that you will put their name on your truck, your T-shirts, your website, you will take a photo and send it in to the paper (as a PSA), your newsletter, etc. The more they are seen, the better. When you are asking for money from people, they want to feel good about their donation. They want to know their money is going to a good place, etc. They don't always want recognition.... just a few things I learned in class...

Oh, and to the person who said they weren't picked yet, be sure you are writing to what the grant asks for. If you are applying to a grant that is funding for technology, just ask them for enough money to pay for your new computer, etc. You don't ask them to pay for food, etc. Funders are really specific about what they want to fund. You have to be right for what they want. On the other side, don't stretch yourself in order to get a grant (stay within your mission statement and purpose). That's called fishing for money and funders hate it. They will talk bad about you to other funders.

I've been funded and it's a crappy, long process. Hang in there...

I've listed this before, but it may be good to see again... foundationcenter.org - find the nearest library near you and GO to find the funders (search the database). The money is out there if you simply look. My little town has 13 potential funders that are for arts alone.

Our walmart/sam's clubs will match the money you make at a bake sale/car wash at their facility. Only if you are 501©3. Our Wal-mart will only do the grants if a store employee recommends you (because they work with you). Best of luck!