1988 Madison Scouts in the Netherlands

The only story I remember hearing about the 88 trip in 89 had to do with a dead chicken...... and I'm not saying another word. :sshh:

Weird. That's the one I heard to. I think that club owner just needed

better marketing and advertising. And that's all I'M going to say. :ph34r:

I hope the members of the corps didn't partake in the...dutch festivities, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, this is a great show. Go Scouts.

Thanks for posting this. It brings back lots of memories.

Some of the guys did partake in some of the legal festivities in Amsterdam. We made up words to the ballad of the show; the only thing I remember is that the lyrics made reference to the price of one of the 'festivities' (50 guilder, at that time)...

Don't let the crowd noise fool you. Everytime the crowd went nuts, it was when the Holland Soccer team score another goal in the World Cup!

They didn't hold a World Cup in 88. That was the Euro Championships. It was good of the Scouts to time their big hits with goals being scored.

Jag hebt erd witte tanden,

Tom

The only story I remember hearing about the 88 trip in 89 had to do with a dead chicken...... and I'm not saying another word. :sshh:

I heard this story too - though the chicken wasn't dead at the beginning of the story :blink:

Did you hear this story when you marching in 89, or at the DCM All Star Parade at the Orange Bowl?

I hope the members of the corps didn't partake in the...dutch festivities, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, this is a great show. Go Scouts.

Amsterdam and the Red Light district were.....interesting.

Jeff, if you need the rest of the lyrics, I still have them memorized and even wrote them into my set book which I still keep as well.

"50 guilders......

red light district....."

good times.

Edited by Brent

I heard this story too - though the chicken wasn't dead at the beginning of the story :blink:

Did you hear this story when you marching in 89, or at the DCM All Star Parade at the Orange Bowl?

You're right .. Spaz might have Begauwwwwked me at AllStar's ... but there was definitely more to the story in 89. Heee Hawww.

You're right .. Spaz might have Begauwwwwked me at AllStar's ... but there was definitely more to the story in 89. Heee Hawww.

Hmmm. Maybe I heard a different story. Do one of you guys wanna fill me in? Brent? Dan? :)