Tentative Regional Schedule

la mejor

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone ever going to be happy with WGI?

Well in 2005 the schedule was pretty amazing.........right? The answer is yes.

Is everyone ever going to be happy with WGI?

Really I wouldn't mind Richmond being the first weekend if WGI even pretended that it was important. Last year (heh. I'm already referring to the 2007 season as 'last year') they didn't send any form of representative or put anything about it on their website other than scores.

It was completely ignored, which really sucks for guards who do well. Part of what happens at worlds is based on not being unknown going in, and when WGI gives no coverage, those guards are at a disadvantage.

Speaking of "being known"...anyone think Power Regionals being spread across the country (3 in one weekend) will hurt those who can't afford to go to a Power Regional across the country?

Now that WGI has approved the proposal that only judges who will judge at Championships will judge at Power Regionals, I think that might put some at a disadvantage.

Do you need to go to a Power Regional to be successful at Championships?

Edited by la mejor

I thought I heard last year they were going to start phasing out the Power Regionals...?

Do you need to go to a Power Regional to be successful at Championships?

To be determined after this year I suppose. More exposure may or may not help the guards. I suppose the direct feedback from critique will help, but only if the guards can make the changes and make em quick because championships are right after all the PRegionals....hmmmmm.......

Related Rant:

Texas had so many finalists, this power regional judging change thing isn't going to help them in their new class or with other guards set up to do well SINCE THEY TOOK AWAY OUR POWER REGIONAL ARRRRRG!

The Richmond Regional is again the first weekend. And our circuit wonders why hardly anyone attends.

The sad thing is that Richmond is such a great regional!!! I know we will be back, its a great facility that really is capable of being a big show. Atlanta on the other hand..............CRAMPED, they really need a new, larger facility.

The sad thing is that Richmond is such a great regional!!! I know we will be back, its a great facility that really is capable of being a big show. Atlanta on the other hand..............CRAMPED, they really need a new, larger facility.

I know! That school in Richmond is amazing. I've been there three times, once for circuit championships, and twice for regionals. Everything has worked smoothly each time and the people have been great.

I'm happy that the South Brunswick (or Mid-Atlantic or whatever you want to call it) regional is back in mid-March where it belongs. Maybe more of the PA guards will attend that haven't in the past. Now, if they could just move it back to Norristown...no offense intended to South Brunswick. It's a great facility, but I'm being selfish here and Norristown is a lot closer to me.

I'm interested in the Pittsburgh regional. I don't ever remember a regional being in Pittsburgh before. And it's so early! I'm envisioning snow.