What have YOU done for your local drum corps lately?

Now that Sky has gone inactive and you will never see Heat Wave again I have a question for all of you

What have YOU done for your local drum corps lately?

Let us think about this. What could (can) you do to help your local Drum Corps. Send a donation? become support staff for a practice or 2? Pick up a horn/drum/guard equipment and get out there on the field? Help with the equipment truck? If we all think about this and we all helped drum corps why would both corps (Heat Wave and Sky) (as well as many other) NOT be able to get out there. I have read that Heat Wave was considered the "Bridgemen" of DCA. The New York Skyliners was a DCA founding corps that have had thousands of member's walk through there doors.

I am proud to say that I was a member of both of them. Drum Corps has to have people getting involved. people that can make a commitment evan if it is for 1 rehearsal or just to carry that water bottle .

Question here is "What have YOU done for your local drum corps lately?"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Mississippi (for only another week, thank God!)...there is no local drum corps.

No such thing as a local corps in Texas. Only b/c Texas is so massive. Not inspired to become involved in the closest Sr corps due to repertoire, too far away to be active with closest jr corps. But I AM going to Xmen history night in SA this weekend. Good opportunity to get some of that great Riverwalk food and beverage selection.

:mmm: :mmm: :mmm: :mmm: :mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

Based on the corps you mentioned, shouldn't this be in the DCA section???

History night is amazing, always great. Say hi to Bones at the Alamo for me :) :rock:

No such thing as a local corps in Texas. Only b/c Texas is so massive. Not inspired to become involved in the closest Sr corps due to repertoire, too far away to be active with closest jr corps. But I AM going to Xmen history night in SA this weekend. Good opportunity to get some of that great Riverwalk food and beverage selection.

Hey Chip !!! You moving back to GA :rock:

Take care...Marvin

Hey Marvin! Yep..we're going to Savannah!

It is currently, you are here DCP Forums > Drum Corps Associates (DCA) - All-Age - Alumni Corps Discussions > DCA - All-Age - Alumni Corps Discussions

This is not a "DCA" only question. What can you do to help a Drum Corps?

Edited by BigLou