What have YOU done for your local drum corps lately?

Helped Recruit over the winter.

Helped with the open house

Practiced

Lost weight

Continue to Recruit for this season and Next (see Below)

Which by the way we have 2 maybe only 1 spot left.. Will know more after this weekend. So give us a ringie dingie if you want to march

Made copies of Drill for members

Drive Two maybe three members to Practice

Bringing Grill to camp weekend so we can all have fun and bond

Checked my dot book so I know where I am going

Look for the brighter side of thngs rather than the Dark side (I don't know I like smiling faces I am strange like that)

Let the Administrator Deal with Logistics money and any other things so All I have to do is show up play and have fun doing my HOBBY Getting away from the REAL WORLD ..

Edited by Bond624

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez... after seeing some of the crap flying around in this forum lately, maybe it should go the way of the CE forum as well. All the attacks in there were nowhere near what I've seen in here the the past few days!

Edited by skajerk

Helped Recruit over the winter.

Helped with the open house

Practiced

Lost weight

Which by the way we have 2 maybe only 1 spot left.. Will know more after this weekend. So if give us a ringie dingie if you want to march

Made copies of Drill for members

Drive Two maybe three members to Practice

Bringing Grill to camp weekend so we can all have fun and bond

Checked my dot book so I know where I am going

Look for the brighter side of thngs rather than the Dark side (I don't know I like smiling faces I am strange like that)

Let the Administrator Deal with Logistics money and any other things so All I have to do is show up play and have fun doing my HOBBY Getting away from the REAL WORLD ..

This ladies and gentlemen is the CABALLERO OF THE YEAR!

What have I done, I stopped marching because I'm too #### old and can't spin with the rest of them anymore! My stopping helped the corps alot :)

Edited by irishcab95

Which by the way we have 2 maybe only 1 spot left.. Will know more after this weekend. So if give us a ringie dingie if you want to march

I think this is a great story. There has been discussion in other threads about what can be done to promote DCA. I think it starts with getting more people involved in actually marching, especially in the new regions. A couple years ago, I recall Caballeros were struggling a bit early in the season with membership. But, last year was fantastic and it appears things are continuing to go well. It would help if DCA could share some recruiting "best practices" used by various corps and assist regions with marketing support to recruit members.

I need to take this year off from marching, but would like to do some things to help recruit for 2008. It would be nice to know what methods others find most effective.

Like Kay...I got my old tired ### off the field.....sure that helped alot. LOL.

I still do work on the Board for Renegades, tho the business of running the corps is HUGE....daunting sometimes....requiring many hands. (Hey....I've started doing that .......dot....thing......UGH......it's....contagious!!!!! ) :P

One thing I'd like to do for ALL of drum corps is help DCA develop a rule that says if you owe Corps X money you can't march in Corps Z until your debts are paid to Corps X. :(

I think this is a great story. There has been discussion in other threads about what can be done to promote DCA. I think it starts with getting more people involved in actually marching, especially in the new regions. A couple years ago, I recall Caballeros were struggling a bit early in the season with membership. But, last year was fantastic and it appears things are continuing to go well. It would help if DCA could share some recruiting "best practices" used by various corps and assist regions with marketing support to recruit members.

I need to take this year off from marching, but would like to do some things to help recruit for 2008. It would be nice to know what methods others find most effective.

I will share. We just hit the pavement. Word of mouth works ok but gotta get out there and get the NO's that lead to the yes' .. Use the band directors you know and their shows.

I know I saw Bucs and sun out last fall along with Bridgemen alumni. Believe it or not we were all in the same area and get this we actually had a good time and exchanged some ideas.. Ohhh no :)

If anyone else has any questions or any other ideas in helping everyone recruit feel free to PM me..

now back to the topic ..

I cleaned my horn

and stood out in the middle of Layaffette and goffle road with a cup having people stop at the light and roll their windows up to the Brandy new mercedes and make like they don't see the round black guy in the middle of the street. ( would have taken a floor mat) But the person with the junker gave me the last bit of change they could find. Go figure.. But not all Mercedes Drivers are bad I know this.. :) Fun stuff.. gotta love Tag day..

I still do work on the Board for Renegades, tho the business of running the corps is HUGE....daunting sometimes....requiring many hands. (Hey....I've started doing that .......dot....thing......UGH......it's....contagious!!!!! ) :P

:sleeping:

One thing I'd like to do for ALL of drum corps is help DCA develop a rule that says if you owe Corps X money you can't march in Corps Z until your debts are paid to Corps X. :(

That is an excellent suggestion!.........................although, our corps does have that as part of our policy to be accepted for membership,.........

Edited by Gary Matczak

This is a great idea.

and stood out in the middle of Layaffette and goffle road with a cup having people stop at the light and roll their windows up to the Brandy new mercedes and make like they don't see the round black guy in the middle of the street. ( would have taken a floor mat) But the person with the junker gave me the last bit of change they could find. Go figure.. But not all Mercedes Drivers are bad I know this.. :) Fun stuff.. gotta love Tag day..

My coolest tag day moment was from 2000 or 2001 I believe, Chris. I was standing on Lafayette and who pulls up, but Brian Grilk, in his Camaro or whatever it was. He handed me a $100 bill and said he was sorry that he couldn't be AT tag day, but that Cos always used to say that if you can't make tag day, you better throw in a hundred dollars for the cause. There's some Caballeros out there that are Caballeros for life. Truth is, that once you're a Caballero, it's extremely hard to get it out of your blood and soul. Most don't ever want to. :)

My coolest tag day moment was from 2000 or 2001 I believe, Chris. I was standing on Lafayette and who pulls up, but Brian Grilk, in his Camaro or whatever it was. He handed me a $100 bill and said he was sorry that he couldn't be AT tag day, but that Cos always used to say that if you can't make tag day, you better throw in a hundred dollars for the cause. There's some Caballeros out there that are Caballeros for life. Truth is, that once you're a Caballero, it's extremely hard to get it out of your blood and soul. Most don't ever want to. :)

Cabs still do a tag day?,.........if so, that is real cool!.......................the last time I did one of those was in the 70's