Annapolis- DCI Salutes America

You know the old expression "If you're not the lead dog the scenery never changes". Should be interesting. :)

Edited by Piper

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as big an IF as you might think...

I won't be surprised at all to see Bluecoats take high brass and possibly high percussion. Unfortunately the guard is quite a bit

behind the brass and percussion and I think that will keep them from beating Cavies and Cadets. Hopefully the guard will be

up with the rest of the corps in a couple of weeks.

I don't know how far behind they are but remember most guards, even the top ones, are typically "behind" because it's ussually the last element to be layered into the show. Often guards at all levels don't have the final guard outfits or show flags at the first few shows. They also don't have work for at least some of the show, or easy temporary filler work. So maybe they aren't as far behind as you think.

1. Cavies

2. Bluecoats

3. Cadets

4. Crown

5. Spirit

6. Glassmen

Here ya go!

1. Bluecoats (by tenths!) - High brass and percussion

2. Cavaliers (getting there!) - High guard/visual

3. Cadets - High narration

4. Crown - improved drumline/funky uniforms though

5. Spirit - JUST under Crown by a "nose"

6. Glassmen - Not there yet!

First Show:

1. Bluecoats - 75.7 In the past few years they always come out really high and fall midseason. So I think they come out and win, should not be a surprise because remember it's only the first show not the end of the year!!! They will fall.

2. Cavies - 74.9 It's the Cavaliers so they'll come out pretty high.

3. Crown - 73.2 Just like Bluecoats, not as bad, they come out high and begin to fall (would this be the first time CC beat Cadets)

4. Cadets - 73.0 Typical Cadets, they'll get beat and beat again until mid-July when they can perform and add the pieces together. (look at 05)

5. Glassmen 66.8

6. Spirit 64.5

Finals: Out of these groups

1. Cadets

2. Cavies

3. Bluecoats

4. Crown

5. Glassmen

6. Spirit

6. Glassmen

5. Spirit

4. Cadets

3. Crown

2. Cavaliers

1. Bluecoats

The Bluecoats beating Cavies would not totally shock me, since they have been rising pretty well in recent years. It would, however, be the first time in several years that someone other than The Cadets or Blue Devils beat The Cavaliers. I'm pretty sure you might have to go back to the 2001 season or before....whenever the last time SCV beat them!! :)

Edited by LaSqueegee