Crossmen Perform Friday, June 15

Get your first glimpse of the 2007 Crossmen on June 15 as the San Antonio, Texas-based corps premiers its extraordinary field program, “Metamorphosis.”

The Crossmen World Premier will be held at 7:00 p.m. at the state-of-the-art stadium at the Virgil T. Blossom Athletic Center, 12002 Jones-Maltsberger Rd in San Antonio, TX 78216 (located by the San Antonio airport). Family, friends, alumni and members of the community are invited to share in this special evening with the corps as they near the end of their four-week long Spring Training.

The premier will include the Crossmen performing “Metamorphosis” in full uniform for the first time. The evening will also be highlighted with presentations by each section brass, percussion and colorguard and a meet the corps social following the event. It’s the perfect way to wish the corps good luck as they embark on this exciting tour, its first hailing from the Lone Star State.

For band students, the Crossmen are holding a Music is Cool clinic all day before the show. Your $10 registration fee (USSBA member bands) or $30 registration fee (non USSBA participating schools) entitles you to a day of marching and music with the Division 1 Crossmen staff, and includes a free ticket to the evening's performance. Registration begins at 9 AM. Click here to register for Music is Cool.

The following evening, the Crossmen will join other Texas-based corps on the steps of the State Capitol in Austin, Texas, for the 3rd Annual Texas Drum Corps Preview. The June 16 celebration in Austin will also feature four other corps, each of which will play their 2007 repertoire. Five hornlines will then come together in producing a magnificent sound when they play the state song, “Texas, Our Texas” and “America The Beautiful.”

On June 23, the Crossmen will enter their first DCI competitive event in Toledo, Ohio.

Community leaders from San Antonio and the Northeast Independent School District, representatives of local businesses and students from area schools are invited to attend to see what their new neighbor have been working on since rehearsals began in December 2006.

Other highlights of the World Premier include raffles and the opportunity to be among the first to pick up new Crossmen merchandise before it hits the DCI circuit.

General admission tickets to the Crossmen World Premier are $10 and are available at the entry gate.

For more information, see www.yea.org/crossmen or call (610) 821-0345, Ext. 21.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Wishes Crossmen, see you in Austin in Saturday

I don't care how "state of the art" the stadium is, $10 is a pretty steep price to see one corps do a dress rehearsal. ^0^

Sure makes the $12 ticket price to see six corps at the June 23 Atlanta Brass Classic seem like a bargain. :)

But hey, if y'all can sell a bunch of tickets to a 1-corps show for $10, that's terrific, and I salute you!

Can't wait to see your show!

I don't care how "state of the art" the stadium is, $10 is a pretty steep price to see one corps do a dress rehearsal. ^0^

Sure makes the $12 ticket price to see six corps at the June 23 Atlanta Brass Classic seem like a bargain. :)

But hey, if y'all can sell a bunch of tickets to a 1-corps show for $10, that's terrific, and I salute you!

Can't wait to see your show!

I doubt the arena is the reason for the double digit ticket cost...

Two Words: "Fund" "Raiser"

Money doesn't grow on trees you know. It will take a lot of it for the Crossmen to return to independent status.

So stop in, buy a t-shirt, join the Jazz Club, and support the corps.

I realize, of course, that it's a fundraiser, and I hope they are very successful, and I plan to support the corps by buying a t-shirt when I see them later in the summer.

However, I notice that tonight's preview show is being held in conjunction with one of YEA's Music is Cool camps. Is it solely a Crossmen funderaiser or is it a YEA fundraiser, because if it's the latter, I don't know how that will help with the goal of independence.

And BTW, just about every release from the Crossmen in recent weeks has referred to the stadium as "state-of-the-art. What is so "state-of-the-art" about that stadium, that sets it apart from other stadiums. Jumbotron screen? Wifi access from every seat? It's got my curiousity aroused. Could someone who has been there please define "state-of-the-art."

They are comparing it to the corps' past spring training facilities. Anything would be state-of-the-art next to that.

This is a little exaggrerated, but you get the idea:

mateschlweb.jpg

Edited by xbones7480