Crossmen Perform Friday, June 15

Here's another great photo of the state-of-the-art practice facilities we had in Crossmen:

1975-02_jpg.jpg

First Picture of the Crossmen EVER!!! The merger. 1st Practice

The famous parking lot at Boeing Helicopters; better known as "Boeing Beach." Crossmen practiced here for many, many years into the mid-80s. We didn't even have restrooms!

I still have stones embedded in my knees from Boeing Beach.

Crossmen were not the first corps to call Boeing Beach home. Back in the 1950's and 1960's the Ridley Park Rangers practiced there. During the 1980's the Archer Epler Musketeers sebior corps practiced in the front parking lot and Crossmen were on the Industrial Highway side. Lots of drum corps tradition associated with those parking lots.

Funny seeing my dear old friend Robbie Robinson with hair. Those were the days.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget when we practiced at Embreville....... for those of you that don't know, criminals that were declared insane by the courts were housed there. I had never seen barbed wire facing IN around a fenced in basketball court before. :huh:

So yeah, I think its probably ok to use "state of the art" in regard to the new facilities. No parking lot sites without bathrooms, no criminally insane people next door, no flooded fields at Kutchers, etc.

Hope someone is able to attend tonight and give us northerners a review!

They are comparing it to the corps' past spring training facilities. Anything would be state-of-the-art next to that.

This is a little exaggrerated, but you get the idea:

mateschlweb.jpg

God Bless our abundant rain along with the mosquitos that come with it.

Ahh the bridge. Then again, how about at DeSales when you'd have to walk 1/2 mile from the dorm rooms to get to the fields.

A great memory I have of that is the hornline walking in 2's many days to the fields, and creating a voice cadence, with someone recreating the dr. beat.

I miss 2002...

At leastst at Allentown College (I marched before the name change) we had access to the field house in case of rain. The guard also had a dance studio and gymnasium.

Another good thing about Blossom that I discussed with Aaron Goldberg is that the members don't have to worry about the cadets breaking rehearsal when the Crossmen come over the hill and across the road to get to the food truck first. Not that that was a problem at Kutcher's either.

This is my review not of tonights sha-bang but a rehearsal I saw on Thursday night.

I heard from a member tonight went MUCH better than Thursday (and Thursday wasn't that bad)

Early Review of Crossmen (click me)