East, Mid-west & West

Judging from the Cavies show last night, although it was amazing, it is vulnerable to being beaten. It wasn't as exciting as last year or 02 or 03. But its the first show, things will change...

To answer the next question, I didn't see or hear Colts play so who knows. However, they did open up with their highest score for opening night in corps history :) But it seems the Maryland judging was low all around, so maybe it's more like a 3 point gap instead of a 5 point gap.

Edited by dciguy01

What's the general opinion?

Can SCV and the Blue Devils be two points better than the Cavies? Can the Colts be five points better than the G-men and Spirit?

RHETORICAL QUESTIONS!!!

The answer to both is no...People may say what they will about "west coast inflation" or whatever, but they don't take the time to look at recent years...The Cavaliers have opened in the 75 range the last few years..Instead of saying it's "west coast inflation", it's really east coast deflation..Some of the corps last night were scored too low I thought..I could be wrong, but history does provide some evidence of this..In the next couple of weeks the scores will start to come together..

Edited by ScvSpirit

The answer to both is no...People may say what they will about "west coast inflation" or whatever, but they don't take the time to look at recent years...The Cavaliers have opened in the 75 range the last few years..Instead of saying it's "west coast inflation", it's really east coast deflation..Some of the corps last night were scored too low I thought..I could be wrong, but history does provide some evidence of this..In the next couple of weeks the scores will start to come together..

I know you are right, but they won't come together until they start to compete against each other - and actually, for the lower ranked corps the score also depends on the higher ranked corps they are competing against.

It won't be for some time until actual competitive rankings develop. Until then, I don't blame the Midwest and West corps fans for being excited. I know I would be!