Golden Section in Star 93

Around the 7:35-7:50 mark. The famous impact/climax point which is from Medea. Is this designed into the show intentionally at this point with its relation to the whole? The show does contain some Bartok, who was known to utilize golden moments in formal structures. Did they get the idea from him? Interesting.

It is derived from the Fibonacci series. When used in musical forms, the climax occurs approximately at the 61.8% mark of the piece. (0.618)

The reason I've been thinking about this is because that climax point seems to be much more intense than the end of the show and it occurs at roughly this point.

Edited by CadetsFan08

Glad to see that this topic was moved to the historical forum where it will receive almost no attention.

I would think that MedeaBrass would have known about this if staff were doing it on purpose. Star's staff would have explained it to the kids.

Pretty neat idea, though.

I dont think that a staff would tell the members everything. Especially something this specific. Let's be honest, dc staffs go into detail with the kids about the show, but it is only to the point where they can correctly interpret the product message that they are trying to send. I doubt that they would delve into this much detail. It would probably take unneeded time away from practice, because it is so extraneous.

PS, I know I spelled extraneous wrong, get over it. :P

I would think that MedeaBrass would have known about this if staff were doing it on purpose. Star's staff would have explained it to the kids.

Pretty neat idea, though.

Yeah, I definitely know the staff didn't talk to us about it but it wouldn't surprise me if Jim Prime is aware of this and thought it was a good idea. It also wouldn't surprise me if he planned it this way and didn't tell anyone. He's a man of few words. He did on occassion take the time to talk to us about things when he thought they were important. In '92 when we weren't being received well he talked to us about the prejudice he's experienced in his lifetime and how he dealt with it. Man, when Jim Prime talks, people listen :) Not a dry eye in the house...sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Glad to see that this topic was moved to the historical forum where it will receive almost no attention.

Can someone explain to me why a topic has to be relegated to DCP Hades when it involves a "historical" topic? If the topic is interesting, why does it have to be segregated over here to wither away and die? If everyone in the "current" discussion didn't find any of the topics here interesting, then they would die anyways. So why does it matter if it dies here or over there? Why not let some of the "historical" topics stand on their own merit? How many times have we seen a decent "historical" topic begin life and do well in the "current" discussion, and get no further attention once it's moved here?

I really like DCP a lot but this is the biggest complaint I have about this website. I know I sound irritated but I'd really like to know the rationale. Maybe I'd feel better then.

yes - this was intentional (Star 93's "Golden Moment") - I heard about it from staff at the time

Really George? Cool...Do you mind telling me who mentioned it to you?