new and need allentown info

Hi everybody. I'm new to the forum here. Will be headed to Allentown on July 7&8 for the classic. My first drum corp comp. in 7 years. Sure am excited.

Was just wondering if anyone can give me any info on the Allentown stadium. First of all,I read it's a non-smoking stadium(like most). Was just wondering if there is any where that us few smokers who remain have any where to go to smoke without having to walk a mile and miss some of the show?

Secondly,I have seats for Sat. night in section J,row 7,seats 23-26 and for Sunday night section J,row 11,seats18-21. Are any of these seats any good? What kind of view can I expect from there?

Thanks for any help you can give and maybe I'll see you there!

Hi everybody. I'm new to the forum here. Will be headed to Allentown on July 7&8 for the classic. My first drum corp comp. in 7 years. Sure am excited.

Was just wondering if anyone can give me any info on the Allentown stadium. First of all,I read it's a non-smoking stadium(like most). Was just wondering if there is any where that us few smokers who remain have any where to go to smoke without having to walk a mile and miss some of the show?

Secondly,I have seats for Sat. night in section J,row 7,seats 23-26 and for Sunday night section J,row 11,seats18-21. Are any of these seats any good? What kind of view can I expect from there?

Thanks for any help you can give and maybe I'll see you there!

It's been a while since I've been in the stadium, so I can't help you on whether your seats are any good. Really, unless your seats are super low where you might miss some drill, there's not really a "bad" seat in Allentown because it's so steep.

Some things to know about the Allentown stadium:

1. Parking will be tough. You'll probably end up parking in the park that's near the stadium and walking to the stadium. It sits right in town and there's no dedicated parking lot for the stadium. Some lots will be available for a fee, or you can try your luck with street parking. Personally, I think parking in the park is the best way to go because it's free.

2. The stadium area is very hilly. There's one entrance for spectators on the back sideline or the bottom of the hill. Then you'll have to walk up the hill to get to your seats. There's 2 entrances at the top of the hill. Almost all of your concessions and the souvenier booths will be at the top of the hill.

3. For the smokers, all you have to do is hold on to your ticket stub or get stamped (I can't remember which right now) and you'll be allowed to leave the stadium to smoke. Really, all you have to do is step outside the ticket gates and you'll be OK to light up. My advice is pick one of the entrances at the top of the hill to go out and smoke. You'll have an easier time getting back in to see a corps. I personally have never seen any cops busting anybody for smoking as long as you're outside of the stadium.

You're going to have a great time. I love Allentown for drum corps. The atmosphere can't be beat. It will be a party all weekend in the lots and in the park.

I can give you the dish on this one. 26 years in this stadium!

If you're in J, you're around the 40. Great Seats! You're already gonna start a little higher in the stands since it's raised....

I'm jealous.

Thanks to you both. That is great advice. Going to print the one out so I know where to smoke. All that smoking and hill climbing isn't a great combo though.. :P .

I'm glad they're good seats. Sounds like I'm pretty close to the field so I better bring me some Excedrins! Good atmosphere too,great!Maybe it'll make my friends that are coming with me want to come back next year too when it'll be closer to the finals again!

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks to you both. That is great advice. Going to print the one out so I know where to smoke. All that smoking and hill climbing isn't a great combo though.. :P .

I'm glad they're good seats. Sounds like I'm pretty close to the field so I better bring me some Excedrins! Good atmosphere too,great!Maybe it'll make my friends that are coming with me want to come back next year too when it'll be closer to the finals again!

Thanks again for your help!