Photography

I am going to have to think about having my photos (photos taken at winterguard shows) directly uploaded from the camera to my website, using a wireless connection on my camera. A way to take advantage of the new iPhone. Anyone with an iPhone or access to a portable device which can browse the web, then, can view images right as they happen at the show and purchase them online. Hmmm....

You might also think about charging a yearly one-time fee or monthly fee that gives people access to any photo they want a la WireImage. Individual schools could even set up accounts for photos of their kids. Parents would have access to photos of their children from multiple shows. There are endless possibilities for people that are willing to set up their online business the right way.

You can also offer different rez photos at different tiers, wallpaper sized or phone sized images. Even post up online tutorials on how to crop images using photoshop or even paint for those people that are a little (or a lot) computer illiterate.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might also think about charging a yearly one-time fee or monthly fee that gives people access to any photo they want a la WireImage. Individual schools could even set up accounts for photos of their kids. Parents would have access to photos of their children from multiple shows. There are endless possibilities for people that are willing to set up their online business the right way.

You can also offer different rez photos at different tiers, wallpaper sized or phone sized images. Even post up online tutorials on how to crop images using photoshop or even paint for those people that are a little (or a lot) computer illiterate.

I recently updated my site to where they can purchase and download a lo-res digital image (around 200kb file size). This was mainly intended for use with like myspace, blackberry, cell phone, and now the new iPhone.

If a corps has an OFFICIAL photographer can they stand on the sideline and take photos ? :laugh:

I understand they will need to get permission from DCI or can they take pictures from the front row of the stands. :huh:

If a corps has an OFFICIAL photographer can they stand on the sideline and take photos ? :laugh:

I understand they will need to get permission from DCI or can they take pictures from the front row of the stands. :huh:

Official corps photogs just need to be credentialed. If they are, they can shoot from the field. Corps can get those credentials without any difficulty.

Otherwise, amateurs have to shoot from the stands, with a lens no longer than 6".

Otherwise, amateurs have to shoot from the stands, with a lens no longer than 6".

Funny. Lens restrictions are usually restricted in the diameter of the lens, not length. I know this from shooting the Summer X Games a few years back. They had a 3" lens diameter restriction. Reason? Some telephoto lenses have internal focusing, vice the push/pull or rotating zoom functions. Also, the wider the lens, the faster the lens is(can shoot at wider apertures and low level lighting conditions).