I paid the corps $2000 for the two I sponsor and worked bingo for them which knocked off the remaining $800 and that doesn't include the $40- 50 camp fees, uniform fees and shoes.

And another $600 was deducted for being vets and $200 reduced for me paying the fees off early in the winter. So, $1800 each plus the camp fees etc...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started back in 1969 :laugh: the corps fees were $2.00 per month !!

When I aged out in 1978, it was $10.00/month and $160.00 for tour !!

My oh my how times have changed !!! (that's is Canadian $$$) B)

In my Cadet days, we

1) did not tour all season long

2) paid for our meals when we were on the road...a lot of times at fast food joints.

Gas was $0.28 a gallon.

Like, the tour fee of one member? Or the cost of an organization to put the entire group out on the field?

Here is an example of one very successfull corps. They report spending about 915K on the corps in a recent season. This is over $7,000 per member. Information indicates that they may have charged as little as $1,000 for memberships, so the organization is paying $6,000 per member with funds generated from other revenue sources.

I know Crown's numbers specifically:

$1700 <new member tour fee

....$85 <regitration/application fee (new members)

....$65

....$65

....$65

....$65 <camp fees (free after 4th)

..$200 <spring trainging/uniform fee

$2245 <total

plus, for new members, you need to buy some tour necessities that you might not have before you go, plus you'll want money with you on tour for laundry and for free days.

when its all said and done, you're looking at $2500 easy, but probably closer to $3000 than $2000.

I was looking at some of this information because of a discussion hear last night. It looked to me like one of the finalist had double their fees from about $1,000 to $2,000 between '04 and '05. Ouch!

When I marched it was only $500 - $700, and that was a CA corps.

I doubt one can march Division I now for less than a grand.

Definently not... most div 2s are at least a grand... It really stinks that DC is so expensive but with gas prices what they are, it is only expected :(

I remember that Cavaliers has a pretty low tour fee compared to other corps. I think it's around 1600, and it gets cheaper the more years you have with the corps. There was an audition fee and camp fees. Not sure if there was a spring training fee (i guess so). But I guess they would end up around 2200 when all is said and done.

Those Crown numbers are pretty typical.

If you "have" to march in a corps that will require flying to and from camps, you can probably triple/quadruple those numbers.

It's just not a cheap hobby like they say it was back in the day. I've joked with my husband (I'm pretty new to this, he's not) that as a pasttime, drum corps has gotten to be up there with yachting and polo :laugh:

All the D1 corps are required to carry a $2 million liability insurance policy, and those premiums are expensive, and the rental fee for just one charter bus for the summer is about $40K, and there's staff to pay, designs/arrangements to buy, people to feed... believe it or not, the dues are just a small percentage of all that, and gas prices...

Corps fees are a relative bargain; OTOH, the marching band fees at Kennesaw Mountain HS are $1500 with only two short trips...

Hmmm.

Edited by GeorgiaGirl

i heard the corps that cost the least to march is bluecoats is that true? Anyone have numbers on glassmen because they are like a half hour away from were i live so i would be cheap to get there.

Bluecoats last year were $1200, I know Cap Reg was less than 1000 last year too.

Pioneer's Membership fee is $1200; other fees take it to $1435 (partly refunded when equipment turned in at end of season and including corps sweatshirt, poncho, and assorted extras); vet discount of $100 per year; no charge for more than two from a single family; recruitment discount;