Blue Stars on TV

Channel 8 gets an email for not supports MACS. I'll be missing this video.......

Try this link and use the "Video on Demand" inset:

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/category.asp?C=50799

You might need Flip4Mac installed.

This is the 2nd EXCELLENT piece of coverage and PR that Channel 8 has done for the Bluestars! Keep that relationship strong guys .... it's pretty awesome.

For those that didn't see it, the "In Search of..." report in 2005 was a two parter and garnered them a state Emmy. If you're interested, they can be found here:

http://www.bluestars.org/media/

Like someone else said, these are good education for the public on drum corps in general (not just the Blue Stars).

Edited by sdstar

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was awesome! I was in LaCrosse earlier this past June and they did a similar segment which I saw in the hotel room.

I have to say this tho..."and push and push and squeeze"! That was funny.

Way to go Blue Stars...keep on working hard as there are a lot of people pulling for you!

Channel 8 gets an email for not supports MACS. I'll be missing this video.......

Works on my Mac, too.

I have Microsoft's Media Player installed.

Nice job -- excellent video by channel 8 as well as and cameos by staff and members of the Blue Stars.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to following a successful season.

Chuck

If you have a Mac and get sent to a troubleshooting page instead of the video, stay on that page and select Features-->In Search Of .... , and then watch the video in the Video on Demand inset.

Sev - great coverage on Jon!

Edited by sdstar

What an outstanding job Jennifer Livingston and her camera man did on the Blue Stars once again...Last year they recieved a couple big awards from their peers, for their work on A Day In The Life Of The Blue Stars in 06....

Superb coverage on our corps....thankyou WKBT

FCO,

Dawn

Fantastic piece! is this pretty common for corps to get this kind of coverage on TV? I can't recall ever noticing anything like this -- kind of a nice change of pace from the usual news/sports/weather... wow... those news anchors like their coffee....

Edited by sneakypete

What a wonderful piece. It's great to see the activity presented in such a positive light and easy for the "non-corps" person to get a taste of what these kids achieve every summer.

The shot of Jon made me tear up. Well done!