some old corps photos

Someone was mentioning the Crossmen going to shakos and white shoes.

crossmenshako.jpg

That is just wrong...on SO many levels...

:laugh:

Found a bunch of color slides I am going through a few a day. I think this is the Muchachos in 1974.

muchachos.jpg

Wow, that has got to be the worst looking uniform Bones ever wore. Seriously, what was Ralph Hardimon thinking? :doh:

Ralph Pace was the culprit. :sshh:

I suppose, since it was Ralph's idea in the beginning to put the corps in capes in '78, he thought he could do another make over for the corps....NOT! It was also Ralph's idea for the drumline to wear face paint in the '78 finals......they hated it, but I thought it looked rather cool. :laugh:

There have been few boo-boos that Ralph has made for drum corps. Another was having 2-7 Lancers rifle line do Pom-Poms in one of their shows. I know LancerFi said she hated it. I mean you have one of the top guards in the country and you ask them to hold a Pom-Pom? :doh:

Ralph Pace was the culprit. :sshh:

I suppose, since it was Ralph's idea in the beginning to put the corps in capes in '78, he thought he could do another make over for the corps....NOT! It was also Ralph's idea for the drumline to wear face paint in the '78 finals......they hated it, but I thought it looked rather cool. :laugh:

There have been few boo-boos that Ralph has made for drum corps. Another was having 2-7 Lancers rifle line do Pom-Poms in one of their shows. I know LancerFi said she hated it. I mean you have one of the top guards in the country and you ask them to hold a Pom-Pom? :doh:

I thought that George Zingali had them do the pom poms? Which I personally love and thought was funny and added to what they were doing. But that's just me. :P

Edited by Lancerlady

27th's rifles doing pom-pons? :o

That's like asking Spirit's 80 hornline to pick up clarinets!

Sheesh. <_<

I thought that George Zingali had them do the pom poms? Which I personally love and thought was funny and added to what they were doing. But that's just me. :P

No, it was Ralph. The intention was that the pompoms would give a similar effect that a can can dancers skirt would. :laugh: Maybe if they weren't used AS MUCH, the effect may have been achieved.

27th's rifles doing pom-pons? :o

That's like asking Spirit's 80 hornline to pick up clarinets!

Sheesh. <_<

:spit: ....except it was coffee, not soda <<cleans monitor off>>

Notice also - full front stands and a lot of people in the back stands as well.

I loved the 74' Muchachos. That drum line could really play.