baja

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:46 AM

Posted Image

1965 booster decal

Never knew what the IC meant, now I do. Was the corps sponsered by a catholic church?

Like the design and colors. Thanks

#13 KemoLondon

KemoLondon

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:00 AM

Never knew what the IC meant, now I do. Was the corps sponsered by a catholic church?

Like the design and colors. Thanks

Hey Baja, yes they were. Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church. They later split the corps and became of the 27th Lancers. By the way were are you getting all that great stuff you're posting? Cool beans man.

Kemo

Edited by KemoLondon, 13 December 2009 - 09:01 AM.

Kemo London
Drum Corps since 1968
"Old School, New School...All Cool"
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Private Pyle, WHY did you join my beloved drum corps?"

#14 baja

baja

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

Posted Image

Just couldn't help but notice. Doesn't this guy have a great ###. And what is the heck is he really doing?
I know what you might be thinking and no I'm not! Not that there's anything wrong with that..... :grouphug:

#15 tommyfromhowardst

tommyfromhowardst

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

This is a place to post old program covers, album jackets, patches, buttons, memorabilia.

Posted Image

Ok, is it me or is this a really happy caballero?

#16 lindap

lindap

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

Posted Image

...and much more to post to keep this thread going for... a long time. :grouphug:

long story short, I live in Alberta and visit family in Ontario every other year or so...found my button collection Aug 2009...
I bought my first ever digital camera days before my visit. This photo below is number 5. Need to figure out how photograph each button
so people can pick up. Should I scan the button or do a digital photo and upload? How do I work this camera? You got newsletters too! way cool :-)

Posted Image
Scarborough Firefighters 68-71 Seneca Princemen 72-75 Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders 76 Alberta All Girls 77-91 Alberta Winter Guard Association 79-88 Alberta Girls Showcase Society 92-04 as a winter and summer guard member, drum major, winter and summer marching and guard instructor, judge, board of directors member or fundraiser

#17 lindap

lindap

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:28 PM

a catalogue...let me know if it's ok to scan all pages...thanks :)

Posted Image
Scarborough Firefighters 68-71 Seneca Princemen 72-75 Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders 76 Alberta All Girls 77-91 Alberta Winter Guard Association 79-88 Alberta Girls Showcase Society 92-04 as a winter and summer guard member, drum major, winter and summer marching and guard instructor, judge, board of directors member or fundraiser

#18 GGarrett

GGarrett

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:00 AM

Posted Image

Linda I like the way you did this picture right here. Came through very nice on my end, and I can click on it to see the photo larger if I want to. I think if you have a button or specific thing you want to show individually, then you should go ahead and make that an individual shot. But otherwise, this is great! I don't think there should be a problem copying/posting the pages of the old catalog all these years later.

I still have many more corps things I collected over the years... and I lost quite a few things as well. We used to trade things, but I mostly just traded or gave away Guardsmen buttons since I had so many. My "Freelancers" button was so worn out, and it was finally the victim of some water that got into my basement one year. That Freelancers button (which was one of my favorites), a Cavaliers big button and a Troopers button all were damaged beyond recognition. :grouphug: My worst loss was the 1978 DCI Finalist necklace they gave out along with the patch from Denver. I wore that necklace ALL the time back in the day, until one day I realized it had pulled off my neck. I was devastated! I went searching for it where I thought it had come off, but alas... Still have the patch though!

Edited by GGarrett, 14 December 2009 - 09:02 AM.

G. Garrett

#19 baja

baja

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:06 AM

Posted Image

Courtesy of grewvyg2

#20 baja

baja

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.