San Diego Show

...also called Mt. Carmel H.S. and the recorded message says our parking lot is not available... please park on Sun Devil Way and access the campus through the lower gate on Carmel Mt. Road

See you there! B)

Edited by Watch & Listen

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to Kelly at DCI as well.......same story. NA at Esperanza's #. Note: far as I can tell, Crown has no housing info yet. I have tix and am flying the family in from NJ, spending the next few days sight seeing, then on to Pasadena. Things sure are looking a little weird as far as the San Diego show goes. b**bs

Parking has ALWAYS been a challenge at Mt. Carmel for high school band competitions and for spectators.

The parking lot has typically been used for the bands (buses, equipment trucks, support staff), and spectators have to park on the side streets around the school. However, without a parking lot, parking will definitely be a lot messier, as I suspect a lot of the close-in street parking will be blocked off for the corps buses, equipment trucks, etc. To complicate things, the area around the high school is also pretty hilly, so pushing pit equipment around will be a lot more challenging.

Good luck on trying to contact Esperanza. They don't answer the phone or their emails. As someone else pointed out, the kids from that corps still don't have their patches from last year, and I understand the previous corps director is still involved in setting up the show. I also understand multiple corps still don't have housing in San Diego, which is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization. Seems to me that drump corps in San Diego has met a messy end. If I were DCI, I'd strongly consider the status of Esperanza in the future (if indeed Esperanza does have a future) as well as the prospects of holding a show in San Diego.

That being said, I'll be at the show, cheering on and supporting the fabulous corps that do show up in America's Finest City!

Seems to me that drump corps in San Diego has met a messy end. If I were DCI, I'd strongly consider the status of Esperanza in the future (if indeed Esperanza does have a future) as well as the prospects of holding a show in San Diego.

That being said, I'll be at the show, cheering on and supporting the fabulous corps that do show up in America's Finest City!

Although there have been major issues with the management of Esperanza, I am hopeful that it is not the end of Esperanza OR drum corps in San Diego. And although I agree that DCI should consider the status of Esperanza, if they were to get new management, I would hope that would be strongly considered. I would hate for the kids (yes I'm a parent) to lose their local corps, and for some, their only chance to be in a drum corps. Some are lucky enough to be able to travel to other corps, but the ones that can't afford it will be S.O.L. Yes, I know, such is life (sigh), but if it can be prevented, so much the better.

Not to worry. Pacific Crest sent out the following post this afternoon:

The San Diego Show is Still On!

Support these amazing corps as they enter California for their last contest before Championships!

You may have heard that the Mt. Carmel High School stadium parking lot is under construction. Don't worry. Spectator parking will still be available because the corps will be parking at the nearby middle school down the street.

Get your tickets at the gate. Prices range from $20 to $30.

Not to worry. Pacific Crest sent out the following post this afternoon:

The San Diego Show is Still On!

Support these amazing corps as they enter California for their last contest before Championships!

You may have heard that the Mt. Carmel High School stadium parking lot is under construction. Don't worry. Spectator parking will still be available because the corps will be parking at the nearby middle school down the street.

Get your tickets at the gate. Prices range from $20 to $30.

Just to reiterate from a PC staff member... The show is still on! Also some clarity: The Esperanza organization is still managing this show as part of the Southern California drum corps show consortium; please continue to contact them, if you have questions, through the same information posted on DCI.org. PC is helping to promote the show through our email programs... that may be part of the confusion.

AR

Crowns housing site was posted today on their website for the San Diego show. It is Oceanside High School, 1 Pirates Cove, Oceanside,CA 92054.

GO CROWN!!

Why wouldn't it be?

I have my tix and hotel reservation - so it BETTER be!

What makes you ask that?

Is it because it's hosed by Esperanza and they are not fielding a corps this year?

Should be a great show:

Phantom

Crown

Scouts

Blue Stars

Colts

Pacific Crest

Pioneer

See you there! B)

What about Spirit? You can't forget about SOA (or SOJSU)!

Edited by dsaeger