Youtube Thread

The coolest part is the valve slides clicking together at :35. Oh, bugles.

You can do that on the current day horns also. At least the Yamahas. We used to hype off of it at Crossmen. Lol

(We had to get excited about something...)

Edited by kickhaltsforlife
  • Like 1

The coolest part is the valve slides clicking together at :35. Oh, bugles.

It's not just bugles you can do that with. Madson still does it. Observe at :024...

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 2

Interestingly, it's not just trumpets that can click - if you put the saddle in the right spot you can click on a mello or bari. As a mello player it's always fun getting looks from staff that say "did you just click on your mellophone? love it.

Yeah we would have the whole line clicking. The tubas can get a little click too, not sure how they did it though.

The last notes of our show I was blasting low Cs on my euph, and before we added in a pose last couple of weeks we had a dead count before the horns down. I would kick that slide in so hard on that dead count I was probably close to denting the valve casing. Lol. The little things that keep you going over the summer. I think someone on staff in 09 tried to get us to stop clicking, and I was outraged.

But lines that do a quick snap up you can hear the click on recordings sometimes.

• Like 1

Took me a little bit to understand the "click". That also explains how they hold their horns the way they do, one of our instructors is a Cavalier and he was showing us how they hold their trumpets and I did not get how you would hold that and pop that so easily. I have actually been thinking about changing our line next year (since I am section leader) to a Madison stance, from what I understand its a nice medium from ours and a Cavies. Looks much cleaner.

It's not just bugles you can do that with. Madson still does it. Observe at :024...

Bluecoats also do it. If you listen to 2009 finals APD, you can hear clicks at 5:25 and 5:27. I remember seeing that live and being hecka impressed haha. Bluecoats 2010 you can hear it at 1:34 and 1:42 on that finals APD as well. It's more faint than the lot videos, for obvious reasons... they were out on the field. Haha

DrumCorpsized isn't a real word but if it was then this was DrumCorpsized....

• Like 2