A Plea for sanity in this forum

I was laughing a bit when I saw corpsband and Plan9 at the end. Just awesome!! :tongue::thumbup:

well, i wanted to throw in Garfield, but then he'd get all paranoid he'd get red marks.

and Mike Boo has had enough abuse the last week or so the biased ######## that he is

:tongue:

Fine whatever...but I still wanna hear Freebird on G bugles (and the guitar solo from La Villa Strangiato played on Contra...not tuba ######!!)

then ya better call an alumni corps or the Renegades

I quit posting on DCP, until now, because for whatever reason someone decided everything I said would get a negative. During the competition in Allentown my son called and was walking at a fast pace to get to the snack bar. He said some of the kids on the tour had run out of money and he was going to get some funnel cakes for them. Shortly thereafter someone on here mentioned the funnel cakes and I asked, "Are the funnel cakes really that good?" Bam, negatives. Really?

I've been doing these crazy boards since '99, I might add DCP is mild compared what RAMD was. I try to contribute things my son passes along that I think may add to a conversation or I may add something from my own experiences. I get passionate and have spoken out a few times but tend to be pretty passive. These boards get passionate this time of year. A lot of us are summer DCP users and as each year progresses more and more parents are joining to watch their kids progress.

I've learned so much from the main contributors on this Board and I appreciate the updates from the shows. As I was able, when no one else could get info from a show, try to get news from my son. Each time I posted, bam, two negatives. I didn't understand why but figured it was someone who just didn't like me for whatever reason but I kept posting in those situations. I guess I'm thin skinned, what can I say. The negatives usually were taken off, I guess by people that recognized my name. Thanks!

As far as calling the kids performing kids I am guilty. I'm sorry if that is considered a bad thing just the nature of who I am. I still call my son who is a staff member and 31-years-old a kid. I've known some of the staff members on BK since they were kids so I guess they'll always be kids to me. I will say this in my defense, if you were to ask any one of them or any of Craig's friends my real name, they wouldn't know it. I've always been "Craig's Mom" or just Mom and that makes me very happy. Most of you know who Sully is, he calls me Craig's Mom. After Drums a bunch of us went to a Pub and he came up for a hug, "Hi, Craig's Mom", I have to say THAT made me feel pretty special! :innocent:

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom
  • Like 3

I quit posting on DCP, until now, because for whatever reason someone decided everything I said would get a negative. During the competition in Allentown my son called and was walking at a fast pace to get to the snack bar. He said some of the kids on the tour had run out of money and he was going to get some funnel cakes for them. Shortly thereafter someone on here mentioned the funnel cakes and I asked, "Are the funnel cakes really that good?" Bam, negatives. Really?

I've been doing these crazy boards since '99, I might add DCP is mild compared what RAMD was. I try to contribute things my son passes along that I think may add to a conversation or I may add something from my own experiences. I get passionate and have spoken out a few times but tend to be pretty passive. These boards get passionate this time of year. A lot of us are summer DCP users and as each year progresses more and more parents are joining to watch their kids progress.

I've learned so much from the main contributors on this Board and I appreciate the updates from the shows. As I was able, when no one else could get info from a show, try to get news from my son. Each time I posted, bam, two negatives. I didn't understand why but figured it was someone who just didn't like me for whatever reason but I kept posting in those situations. I guess I'm thin skinned, what can I say. The negatives usually were taken off, I guess by people that recognized my name. Thanks!

As far as calling the kids performing kids I am guilty. I'm sorry if that is offensive just the nature of how I see them. I still call my son who is a staff member and 31-years-old a kid. I've known some of the staff members on BK since they were kids so I guess they'll always be kids to me. I will say this in my defense, if you were to ask anyone of them or any of Craig's friends my real name, they wouldn't know it. Since he started performing in high school and to this day everyone calls me "Craig's Mom" or just Mom and that makes me very happy. :innocent:

FWIW Tricia the red negs are IMO the dumbest "feature" ever added to DCP. Just lets people throw an anonymous tomato. Things were much better when they only way to disagree with someone was to actually respond with another message (which is never anonymous and at least gave the opportunity for a reason behind the disagreement).

So -- just ignore them.

I was posting on RAMB/RAMD back in the early 90's (initially through a dial-up gateway on a BBS !!) . There's some value on DCP -- you just need to filter out the chaff (either through the block list or just ignoring them).

And I call the performer's kids too :-) Do the same thing to the high school kids I teach !!

You just can't take DCP (or some posters ) too seriously and you actually can still have some fun here.

• Like 3

i have like 7 zillion green marks and I laugh I should have more red.

DCP is what you make it. Me, i make it a way to make fun of the morons