I Hope...

That someday DCI will return to Buffalo, NY and all former members of the Imperial Regiment, Royal Coachmen, Lakeview Shoreliners and maybe Greece Cadets could join forces for an alumni corps. Just a thought!

Nice thought and idea- I remember seeing the Greece Cadets as a young kid in DCA- a very decent corps.

Don't forget the Watkins Glen Squires or the Auburn Purple Knights as well from that part of the world- two very decent Junior corps as well. Maybe you'd get Steve Rodinaro to pick up his Mello again for it.

It'd take one heck of a herculean effort to contact everyone, gather the troops, and do all of the logistics, Keith. I'd be of no help- I'm not from up in that neck of the woods, but I do wish you the best of good fortune with your idea.

Good idea, Keith, I wish you all the best in starting your alumni corps. I'm in touch with a few people out east. Nicola wrote that she went to Buffalo in 2009, first time she'd been to a drum corp contest in 20 years, Drums Along the Waterfront http://www.dci.org/schedule/?week=Week8 Maybe we'll see you there :-)

I just said it would be a great idea! Although I would LOVE to help put it together, I am in FL which makes it a bit hard although I have many WNY drum corps Facebook friends to help spread the word.

Maybe we can add Squires, Patriots, Mighty Liberators, Blazers and Renegade alum too.

Actually we spent many shows in Canada so adding Precious Blood Cardinals, Flying Dutchmen, Ventures, etc would be cool too.

Is there not going to be a DCI show there again this summer?

Yes, Sunday, Aug. 8th. Mighty St. Joe's will be there. :tongue:

Yes, Sunday, Aug. 8th. Mighty St. Joe's will be there. :thumbup:

Oh, good. From the way the thread was worded, I wasn't sure if the show had been cancelled or what.

I was just talking about if DCI had Championships in Buffalo ever again.

I was just talking about if DCI had Championships in Buffalo ever again.

Aaaahhhhh, OK. I got ya now! Sorry about my confusion. :thumbup: