Best Parking Lot Drum Line

The Blue Devils have a pretty hot line this year, despite the naysayers on DCP.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got some pics and a video of Boston in the lot before the Lexington show, if you're interested.

I would be interested. I taught a guy in their snareline when he was in a high school marching band.

Okay...I'm being biased here....

I really, really, really like the way Spirit tunes their snares....it gives them a great snare sound. Their tenors are all new to the corps this year. Their bass line is really good, but the pit is freakin awesome. One thing Clint Gillespie knows how to do is have a great pit year in and year out..

I haven't seen anyone in the lot, and have only been at several Scouts rehearsals, but from the clips I have seen on youtube, I'd say the best right now is PR, and definitely the most improved from winter is SCV

I totally dug SCV's parking lot warm ups last year. That was as much of a performance as their show was. I think every drum line should treat the lot as a performance venue. Most do, but I remember 94' BD in Boston for Finals...man!!!!! What a gathering there was. I remember thinking that their drum line set new standards for drum lines of the modern era. Same with SCV last year...

I totally dug SCV's parking lot warm ups last year. That was as much of a performance as their show was. I think every drum line should treat the lot as a performance venue. Most do, but I remember 94' BD in Boston for Finals...man!!!!! What a gathering there was. I remember thinking that their drum line set new standards for drum lines of the modern era. Same with SCV last year...

'94 BD also had a completely and absolutly SICK snare line. (one of my top Five all time)

1. 2006 Phantom

2. 1994 BD

3. 2004 BD

4. 2004 Vanguard

5. 1980 Bridgemen

fyi...thats the top five for me.

But yessuh...Mike Jackson writes a pretty awesome book. (not quite as well as Cassella IMO)

I've got some pics and a video of Boston in the lot before the Lexington show, if you're interested.

I taught one of their quad drummers last year, Im interested

Not because I'm biased but because they are on fire....Phantom Regiment.

Not trying to start a fight here but how can a line where the majority of their book is buzz rolls, accented taps and tacet be considered "on fire"? Granted they have some great players, however, these kids must feel cheated by the book they have to work with, what a waste of talent. While I am at it, next time you see Phantom notice how the percussion becomes almost completely in-audible when the brass overplays, I mean plays at loud volumes. Am I the only person that notices Phantom has issues with ensemble balance? Oh well, just my humble observations, fire away!

SCV has got it going on in the lot. Cool warmups and an exciting book.

Southwind was pretty cool to watch as well.

Didn't really like Phantom in the lot. Not hatin'. They can play and all, but are pretty boring in the lot IMO.

Blue Knights have some sweet beats. Hope they've cleaned up a lot from when I saw them.

Colts were throwin down some vibe in the lot. I'm rooting for them to do well this year. Hope they can transfer it to the field. That's what counts right? :worthy: