This looks like a nice place for DCA

Of course there are better stadia.

The dilemma for DCA is matching a market with a strong senior drum corps fan base with an appropriate stadium.

Not to get on a soapbox (again) but every corps has a responsibility to build up a fan base. 15-20 years ago, Rochester wouldn't have been on the map to get this event, but a lot of people worked hard to rebuild the activity to a point where it has almost out-grown a 12,000 seat stadium.

Anybody remember when Pittsburgh and Rochester were considered the "Western" Division?

Senior corps in OH, IL, TN, or TX have an equal shot to build up a proven fan base.

Tom Allen

Rochester, NY

Sorry, CA too! And they're doing a great job!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to be careful with Soccer stadiums since the field is wider than a standard Football field so depending on how the setup the field the stands could be pretty far from the field.

Good point. The closer the all-age corps are to the stands, the better.

Fran

Nice stadium but its south of Rochester.Actually Anything south,north,east and west of Rochester does not need to bother bidding. :angry:

Everyone knows that drum corps fans only exist in the northeastern states. Also the midwest is someplace that no one would ever travel to for a world championship. It's too flat. Sorry to say, it's a done deal: DCA can only be in the northeastern states (PA or NY, to be exact). And moving the championship up to a weekend that doesn't coincide with football or the start of school is strictly forbidden. These rules will never change, so don't even go there. Nothing personal, it's just too convenient for some to never change. See you all in Rochester 2014.

I'm not asking for something like Camp Randall Stadium or (shudder) the Alamdodome. Those types of venues are, for now, too big and too expensive for DCA. A venue with higher views, slightly larger seating capacity and most of all a little closer to the middle of the country would be great.

Toyota Park in Chicagoland would be fantastic but I'm afraid it will be too expensive for DCA to lease.

I knows some people with the Fire organization. If you can give me the information on the people from DCA I can

pass it along to the Fire. I have actually spoken to them about this last year. They are quite interested.

Just PM me.

Frank

Edited by The Original El Guapo

I was there last night, great sounding stadium (much better than UB stadium, where i was tonight, IMO)

Columbus Crew Stadium, Columbus, Ohio

Stadium Website Click on "View Slideshow" for several good photos.

Google Map

There's a DCI show here tonight. (July 5th) Anyone familiar with this stadium? Looks like good seating capacity and high views on concert side.

I've gone to the DCI show there a couple of times. To the best of my knowledge it is pretty much a clone of Rochester. Personally I like it, but there seems to be many who didn't care for Rochester so......My thought is that by the time DCA grows enough to have a championship that far 'West', they will need a bigger site. :) I wouldn't hold your breath. I think a nice college stadium in a area experienced with pagentry arts events might be better. Something like Indiana University or Middle TN State (Murfeesburo). Brent, you are probably a decade or more ahead of the game. But I'm with you here. Your reach should always exceed your grasp.

One negative to Columbus is that it is a baaddd neighborhood around the stadium. Several cars in the lot suffered from smash&grab incidents one year, but I guess that can happen anywhere.