10 months ago

Just to clarify something...As brought to my attention by a NUMBER of corps when I've done Fanfare articles on marcher sponsorship, sponsoring a marcher is a great thing to do if someone is having difficulty affording to march, BUT, it does not bring in any additional money to the corps. Why? Because that is money the corps would have, anyhow. It doesn't add a cent to the corps' coffers.

As far as asking if the alumni are actively supporting the corps this year...have you looked at their staff roster? Their VOLUNTEER staff roster? And that didn't answer your question?

I'm marching The Cavaliers Anniversary Corps next year. I eagerly anticipate your support.

Is sponsoring a member tax deductible? It's better to give the money to the corps and let them reduce expenses for all members.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, I marched Madison Alumni last year, and because of that, I got to meet, greet, and drum with all my younger brothers last year. I am an active member of the Govenaires, but had not realy spent any time, effort or MONEY on the Scouts since ageing out in 88. Because of last years Madison Project, I was "reborn" (thank you Scott Stewart and gang)and now am trying to help insted of just saying, "back when I was in........bla...bla...bla" which I and a few others used to say.

The one thing I would realy like to see again, is a shift in focus back to local members. "Back when I was in" we seem to have most of our corps from the Madison area, and members from Minn (me) and other states, were low in numbers because of the strong local interest. The corps had a good local stong base, with family back up to boot. As I get older, I am seeing more and more how important local family bonds can realy get a group (like the Scouts) through some ruff spots. I know the Scouts will get through this, they may not place where they want, but I hope (and now thinking about praying) that the Scouts can use the stong history they have, take some of the off field concepts that worked before, dig deep , work hard, and start moving forward once again, because the Madison Scouts are good for drum corps, and drum corps needs all the help it can get.

jed 60f8

Madison Alumni Tenor God unite!!!!!!!

Lead.

Lead; pronounced leeeeeed; meaning first or head; as in "The hose squad followed me because I was in the lead"?

Or

Lead; pronounced led; meaning mineral or tinny; as in "That hose he played sure sounded like lead"?

The project contributed $10k in alumni dues last year... (recent annual average before that year was only around 2K)

The project contributed over $16k in net revenues from the Wednesday night show directly in the form of a check to Sal (Cap sound and Jubal each also received a $1k check from the project)

The project contributed over $18k in DVD/CD sales and t-shirt revenues from the project (Note: all remaining inventory was given to the Scouts and is currently sold at the webstore-given directly to the corps to gain even more)

DCI probably received more than but at least $10k in semi-final ticket sales because of the project, according to friends and family of many members that came only because we played.

Rockin' for a Cure received over $1k informally last year from the project, and received another check from the project this year for another $1k.

This years souvenir pink hats and shirts, are sold at the souvenir booth to benefit Komen Foundation-Benefit Breast Cancer research was inspired, designed and manufactured by 2 alum's who marched in last year's project!

However, I will say that we need more alumni members (and their families too-if they'd like) to come forward and help out. Give Jeff Spanos or Corey Smith a call, don't wait for them to call you! They actually have quite a bit on their plates and could very easily use the help! If anyone is wondering, I used to volunteer about 60 hours a week, now I'm down to about 20!

I just thought some of you might like to know that... (This post was not meant to hurt anyone's feelings, only to show a financial impact)

Not that hose-thingy again ???!!!!!!??? :P
DSC00795.jpg
DSC00726_1.jpg
Hey, does Boo play first or second hose !!! :P
Lead.

As we "used to say" up in Canada Mike, we all knew you were a "HOSER" !!! :angry: b**bs :doh: b**bs :P :doh: ^OO^ :doh::doh:

You're such a talented man !!!

Edited by ODBC

What say me? I say, you listen and emulate a certain radio right winger a little too much. I just bought the reunion dvd form Madisons booth, so the alumni just got their corps an extra 35.00. Good job alumni. OUT. :P

uphisnose.jpg

And now for something completely different...

A man with a tape recorder up his brother's nose...