Allentown

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

coulda...shoulda...woulda

I hope these next 3 days off make Phantom really purge some dirt from the show and add in some GE.

suta!!!

I'd curtail that haughtiness if I were you. Vanguard heartily bested Phantom in 5 of 8 captions last night.

Vanguard can...should...will

Yes. Same judges evaluating the same captions.

THANK YOU! Now, if people want to compare scores of corps from different shows, it will make a little bit of sense. Not perfect (that comes next week), but close.

Troopers will pass Madison again. I bet my life on it.

A fun prediction but I think Madison is on the rise - As much as I wish the Troopers well this season, I think they are done nipping at Madison's heels.

A fun prediction but I think Madison is on the rise - As much as I wish the Troopers well this season, I think they are done nipping at Madison's heels.

I guess we'll find the answers to this question as well as others in the basement of the Alamo on July 21st... :)

PeeWee6.jpg

Bwahahaha. I can't think of San Antonio without thinking of that movie.

Bwahahaha. I can't think of San Antonio without thinking of that movie.

I will be in San Antonio for the show. Going to the Houston show two nights before, as well. Boy, I can't wait to get my drum corps fix.

I saw Regiment for the first time this season last night at Allentown.

Give me a freaking break. The Firebird finale was worth the price of admission for the entire night. No difficulty in the visual? You try playing those phrases at a double time run while sustaining volume, clarity and tone. I loved Crown and SCV. They sounded great while on their knees or standing still. Regiment sounded great on their feet.

Whether it is ticks or build-ups, the judging and evaluating is all subjective. There is always a reason for every placement whether valid or bogus. That Regiment lacks championship calibre visuals is the reason for the placement.

In my judgment - utterly BOGUS

First of all, I love Phantom's show as I'm a huge fan of theirs. Yes, they run quite a bit but there are a fews things that take away from the effect and don't get them the credit they deserve.

1) The uniforms are too bright and it's hard to distinguish forms in the first place.

2) There's not enough contrary motion. Most of their 'big' moves have everyone moving the same direction.

3) They may be jazz running but just the other day during that big jazz run move, there were people jazz running

at a 8 to 5 or smaller. My guess is they do that to make it look hard, but you still don't get the same effect. Jazz

running at 6 to 5 is bad enough.

4) The tempo is too slow to make it a real wow moment.

Don't get me wrong, I felt the wow moment at the end of the jazz run section, but it could've been so much more.

1) The uniforms are too bright and it's hard to distinguish forms in the first place.

I never thought about this....good point

3) They may be jazz running but just the other day during that big jazz run move, there were people jazz running

at a 8 to 5 or smaller. My guess is they do that to make it look hard, but you still don't get the same effect. Jazz

running at 6 to 5 is bad enough.

I think some of them may be jazz running at very large step sizes, and the others with the smaller step sizes are just doing it to make a uniform technique across the hornline. I actually heard crowns vis instructor make a comment like this. For people that think certain corps dont jazz run at small step sizes...im sorry, it happens. Sometimes with good reason, but it does happen

4) The tempo is too slow to make it a real wow moment.

Maybe...

Edited by euponitone