Allentown

As much I'd like to see Spirit pass Boston, it probably won't happen. I do think that they're finally in the same league as Colts, Glassmen, etc.

Not in the same league as Colts and Glassmen? They've been ahead of Colts for years and have been hanging with Glassmen since 03..

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in the same league as Colts and Glassmen? They've been ahead of Colts for years and have been hanging with Glassmen since 03..

Absolutely..... Not sure where this guy (scalenesofar) is coming from - obviously not a Spirit fan.

Edited by DrumCorpsMom

It's "funny" how the Bluecoats were #2 or #3 earlier this week after beating BDevils and Cavies at the Centerville show (#1 for a few minutes until the Cadets' score was posted that night) ... now, with one bad-score-night on Friday (1.5 behind Cavies) they're suddenly in seventh.

Well, after beating BD by 0.2 on Monday and being beaten by BD by 0.15 tonight (Saturday), there's obviously not a lot of difference between those two. As for the Cavies, the Bluecoats beat them by 1.0, lost to them by 1.5 and 0.95 ... heck, BD beat the Cavies by 0.8 on Monday and lost to them by 0.8 on Saturday ...

In other words, just about anything could happen Sunday night in Allentown ... and combine those scores with Saturday's Allentown scores (which I haven't seen yet) and the performance orders for Murfreesboro and Atlanta could be in just about ANY order.

Well put Rodney. I've kind of been saying that for the last couple of weeks. No one is pulling away and it seems everyone wants to make a finals night prediction after every show (including the Bluecoats homers...haha). All we know right now, is that the top 7 is seperated by 1.5 points with 4 weeks to go and its a toss up right now.

Who can clean? Who can add more GE to the show? Who's visual and CG will win (this will be the caption that helps win the title in my opinion)? No one knows but its going to be fun to watch all these great lineups from show to show. Like I said before, its like a 15 round heavyweight fight and someone different is winning a round each time!

DW

I meant in terms of this season. Colts and Glassmen both beat them by a couple points a week or so ago.

A lot happens in a week's time! Who knows what will happen tonight, but this is just another example of how Spirit seems to suffer from the Rodney Dangerfield syndrome. What do they have to do for people to realize that, over the last several years they have been a perennial contender for finals?

Does anyone else think they should have split up the Allentown lineup differently? Tomorrow will be the third time in a week that BD, Cavs and Bloo have gone head to head, and its the almost the same for Cadets, CC, SCV, PR. Wouldn't we like to see a different lineup (like Blooo going head to head with PR and SCV or Cavies vs. CC, Cadets, SCV?).

Just seems like we will get one solid week of the same head to head shows. When it all shakes out, Bluecoats, Cavies, Cadets and possibly BD could win a show. We're all going to need heart medication after this.

DW

Absolutely..... Not sure where this guy (scalenesofar) is coming from - obviously not a Spirit fan.

Sorry for confusing anyone. I see how my words could be interpreted in a negative manner, but they were meant to reflect a beacon of hope. I am well aware of the recent history of the corps, especially in regards to their competitiveness with Glassmen and Colts. Living in Jacksonville, it's hard to miss it. :) But I was speaking of that fact that they've been struggling with a difficult program and have been scoring lower than these corps this season, and I'm thrilled to see them faring well now. I believe they can beat these guys at this point in the season. Again, I hate negative comments (and they are all too common on this forum) and I'm sorry my words were taken as such.

I love Spirit, I spent many evenings in May term with my homework at the stadium and I wish them well this season! It's my favorite show from them in since 2002 at least and I've really enjoyed the past few years.

Sorry for confusing anyone. I see how my words could be interpreted in a negative manner, but they were meant to reflect a beacon of hope. I am well aware of the recent history of the corps, especially in regards to their competitiveness with Glassmen and Colts. Living in Jacksonville, it's hard to miss it. :) But I was speaking of that fact that they've been struggling with a difficult program and have been scoring lower than these corps this season, and I'm thrilled to see them faring well now. I believe they can beat these guys at this point in the season. Again, I hate negative comments (and they are all too common on this forum) and I'm sorry my words were taken as such.

I love Spirit, I spent many evenings in May term with my homework at the stadium and I wish them well this season! It's my favorite show from them in since 2002 at least and I've really enjoyed the past few years.

All is forgiven :)

Does anyone else think they should have split up the Allentown lineup differently? Tomorrow will be the third time in a week that BD, Cavs and Bloo have gone head to head, and its the almost the same for Cadets, CC, SCV, PR. Wouldn't we like to see a different lineup (like Blooo going head to head with PR and SCV or Cavies vs. CC, Cadets, SCV?).

I would like to see Cavies and Bluecoats separated from BD.

But as far as SCV goes, this is their first meeting with PR, Cadets, and Crown tonight.