2007 DCI World Championships (tourism)

What??? We have flat ground down to a science! You sure you don't want to come check that out? :P Although, I'd be lying if I didn't tell you there are modest hills south of Indy (and in the lake country in NE Indiana). and by modest hills, i mean not quite flat. :laugh:

For me, California is one of my most favorite places to vacation. The diversity in land is incredible (oceans, beaches, cliffs, mountains, desert, etc., etc.).

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What??? We have flat ground down to a science! You sure you don't want to come check that out? :P Although, I'd be lying if I didn't tell you there are modest hills south of Indy (and in the lake country in NE Indiana). and by modest hills, i mean not quite flat. :laugh:

For me, California is one of my most favorite places to vacation. The diversity in land is incredible (oceans, beaches, cliffs, mountains, desert, etc., etc.).

Machine

Thanks for the California compliment. Funny, I didn't see you were from Ft. Wayne, but I almost put that down as a MUST SEE destination because there is a little Italian Restaurant right in the middle of downtown Ft. Wayne that was one of the best I've been to...but I can't remember the name. (kinda a hole in the wall and I guess they've opened another site more out in the suburbs) I was in Ft. Wayne on business 6 months ago and want to go back there. I'll make the drive down and find it again when I make my trip to Indy!! Go Bloooooooooooooooo

Edited by Acad Dad

Casa D'Angelo? best italian food in Fort Wayne, IMO. they now have 5 locations i think. one in the central city south of downtown (that's near where i grew up so i went there the most). now they have 3 more on the north side and one out in the southwest suburbs.

back on topic! how far of a trip is it to Sequoia National Forest? is that a day trip or an overnight trip from Pasadena? i know PeeWee's original intent was to keep this LA County based..... but i'm curious if i can squeeze it into my 11 day itinerary. i don't have a good grasp of the western states where i can easily tell how long it would take to drive a certain distance. i suspect i may have to do the inland national parks on a seperate trip.

back on topic! how far of a trip is it to Sequoia National Forest? is that a day trip or an overnight trip from Pasadena? i know PeeWee's original intent was to keep this LA County based..... but i'm curious if i can squeeze it into my 11 day itinerary. i don't have a good grasp of the western states where i can easily tell how long it would take to drive a certain distance. i suspect i may have to do the inland national parks on a seperate trip.

It's about a 4 hour drive (250 miles) from Pasadena one way, non rush hour. During rush hour add another 1 or 2 hours.

Casa D'Angelo? best italian food in Fort Wayne, IMO. they now have 5 locations i think. one in the central city south of downtown (that's near where i grew up so i went there the most). now they have 3 more on the north side and one out in the southwest suburbs.

Travel within the LA basin and travel outside of the LA basin are two very different things. You can make pretty good time up to Tulare once you get to the outer fringes of LA County. Califronia has a huge population, but most of it is crammed into a couple of specific areas. Most of the area of the state is wide open.

I'm flying in and out of SFO and going to the show at Stanford before making a slow journey down Hwy 1. I think my only chance to see the sequoias is if i drove up and back on a show day (not gonna happen at that distance) or if I did it Sunday on the way back up to SFO.

I think I'll do it right and make another trip. :) Thanks for the info though.

To hit Sequoia on your way back up to SFO, you'd have to go up I-5 to HWY 99. IMO, one of the prettiest drives in the country </sarcasm>

But you know, if you're coming up 99 on that Sunday, you could always hop off in Fresno and check us out at the The Tower District's 10th Annual Jamaica My Weekend Caribbean Music Celebration

B)

That's the one! (and I might add a very nice looking bartender) Just South of downtown Ft. Wayne. Be sure to add this to your itinerary for those of you making the trip to Indy. Only a couple hours north, right?

2 hours max. Never thought Fort Wayne would be a tourist destination! :)

I'm flying in and out of SFO and going to the show at Stanford before making a slow journey down Hwy 1. I think my only chance to see the sequoias is if i drove up and back on a show day (not gonna happen at that distance) or if I did it Sunday on the way back up to SFO.

I think I'll do it right and make another trip. :) Thanks for the info though.

What is filling your Sunday - Thursday itinerary? They also have a nice grove of Sequoias at Yosemite. Yosemite Valley is an incredible visual experience in itself. I spent four day there last summer. It is way to late to get overnight accomodations in the park, but this place is worth the visit.

Still, I think I might actually favor a PCH drive from No Cal to So Cal over a Yosemite visit.