2007 DCI World Championships (tourism)

Dude, ad my link, it is way more usefull.

Okay Gary, I added it.

But honestly, for those of you coming from out-of-town, I wouldn't recommend trying to use mass transit to get around town. You're likely to be disappointed, and it will take you just as long as it would if you drove.

The Los Angeles area is VERY spread out. Hence our total dependence on freeways! b**bs

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if renting a car...be prepared for major traffic snarls even on weekends. If you're treking to Disneyland, plan to stay near Disneyland. I would not bother driving from the LA/Pasadena area to Anaheim and back all in one day. 5 gets packed all the time.

I believe that DCI is running a shuttle from Pasadena City College to the Rose Bowl. It is about a mile from the Gold Line Station to the PCC campus. Not sure where the shuttle would pick you up though.

It looks like there is bus public transit buses running from Gold Line Station to the Rose Bowl area, check this site to figure things out.

http://www.ci.pasadena.ca.us/trans/transit/trans_arts.asp

where can we get info about the shuttle service for rose bowl. during regular rose bowl events there are parking lots and shuttles. is it going to be the same for the shows? i can't find anything about that on dci site or rose bowl site.

where can we get info about the shuttle service for rose bowl. during regular rose bowl events there are parking lots and shuttles. is it going to be the same for the shows? i can't find anything about that on dci site or rose bowl site.
I am sure that there was some sort of information there before the DCI site redesign. Perhaps they changed plans, or maybe the info was just lost in the redesign. Better contact DCI directly to get the correct story. With no shuttle service, there is really no way of getting to and from these shows without a car.

I want my own "STICKY"

I agree.

Give this man a "STICKY".

Does anybody know where some good picture taking spots are? Scenic vistas overlooking the city, etc. Or does getting up high just enhance the smog? I'd still be willing to give it a shot....

I was thinking Griffith Park might be an option since that's where the observatory is, but I'm wondering what access is like there since that huge fire they had. Is it even open?

Does anybody know where some good picture taking spots are? Scenic vistas overlooking the city, etc. Or does getting up high just enhance the smog? I'd still be willing to give it a shot....

I was thinking Griffith Park might be an option since that's where the observatory is, but I'm wondering what access is like there since that huge fire they had. Is it even open?

Scenic spots?! :worthy: Good lord man, didn't you see Post #1?!

The beach for one! "Go West, young man!" :P Santa Monica Pier & Ocean Ave. in Santa Monica are beautiful! And don't forget Trump National in Rancho Palos Verdes.

Shoreline Park in Long Beach is also another excellent choice.

And yes, Griffith Park and the observatory are still open and you can see downtown from there. Plus, the Getty Center has a great view as well.

Admittedly, I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but there are three of us going, me, my wife, and my 20 year old son. Are there any suggestions for something to do that my son will enjoy (other than the normal tourism stuff)....he gets kinda bored with that pretty quickly...

Admittedly, I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but there are three of us going, me, my wife, and my 20 year old son. Are there any suggestions for something to do that my son will enjoy (other than the normal tourism stuff)....he gets kinda bored with that pretty quickly...

Did you see the Amusement Parks heading on Post #1?

Take him to Raging Waters in San Dimas (home of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure) or Knott's Berry Farm during PB&J eating day. Good rollercoasters (and not too $$$) and all the sandwiches he can eat!

Edited by PeeWee

Scenic spots?! :worthy: Good lord man, didn't you see Post #1?!
Post #1? That was SOOO long ago! :P Definitely the beaches are scenic, just wondered if there was something less obvious I should check out. I'll definitely hit the Getty on Wednesday, but I'm also looking for good photo ops in the Pasadena area where it won't be such a trek, especially on a short day like Saturday (I'm meeting up with people at 2 pm in Pasadena prior to going to the show).