2007 DCI World Championships (tourism)

I figured as much. But I swear I read some where about this sweet fish taco place in San Diego...claims to have the best anywhere!!! :worthy:
I find it hard to imagine it would be woth the drive to San Diego. The second or third best must be somewhere in the LA area.

Here Rubio's of San Diego claims to have the best:

http://cityguide.aol.com/sandiego/bestfishtacos

They have a Rudio's in Pasadena and several in the area.

http://rubios.know-where.com/rubios/cgi/se...042&region=

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sports authority store or at the team store at the home depot center in carson (at the stadium)

Awesome... Thanks!

We have Sports Authority Stores out here— didn't know that SoCal had them, too.

I thought about going to Carson, but that looks to be on the complete opposite side of the area from where I'll be spending my time, so finding a Sports Authority seems to be the best answer.

I'm going to be based in San Diego for the whole week (Aug 7-15). Check out this fun schedule:

Wed 8th: Seaworld

Thurs 9th: San Diego Zoo

Fir 10th: Drive up to Six Flags Magic Mountain, stay at a motel, and drive down to Pasadena the next day.

Sat 11: An afternoon in Pasadena, and and evening of DCI FINALS!

And going to what's supposed to be a great Mexican restuarant called Casa De Pico in downtown San Diego some other day besides all of those above. Other time will be beach time. San Diego rocks, btw. One of the days we're going to devote the awesome Museum district in San Diego. Did it a couple of years ago, and it was great fun. :)

And going to what's supposed to be a great Mexican restuarant called Casa De Pico in downtown San Diego some other day besides all of those above. Other time will be beach time. San Diego rocks, btw. One of the days we're going to devote the awesome Museum district in San Diego. Did it a couple of years ago, and it was great fun. :)

Sweet man! I grew-up in San Diego, and worked there back in 2005 for about 6 months or so.

Casa de Pico is in Old Town, not downtown. It's a very, VERY touristy Mexican Restaurant, but you'll ike it. There are plenty of other places in Old Town that serve better food (without the wait).

The museum district is called Balboa Park (well, actually it's only part of the park - it also includes the zoo, boy scout and girl scout camps, etc.). It's very nice! See my pics here on San Diego:

http://geocities.com/surferinut/photos.html > Memoirs of San Diego - Fall 2005

Thanks, Mike. We're taking my mom and her husband to Casa de Pico, but I think I'll try to check out some other places in the Old Town, too. And yeah, Balboa Park is great fun. Great pics there...so many Birds of Paradise down there. Can't wait to get away from here (Spokane AKA Hades) and to there. :)

Awesome... Thanks!

We have Sports Authority Stores out here— didn't know that SoCal had them, too.

I thought about going to Carson, but that looks to be on the complete opposite side of the area from where I'll be spending my time, so finding a Sports Authority seems to be the best answer.

Don't go to Carson. Seriously.

There's a Sports Authority in Burbank.

There's also a store called Team L.A. at Universal Citywalk. They carry licensed merchandise for all the LA sports teams. And it's A LOT closer than Carson.

Edited by jpaul

Don't go to Carson. Seriously.

Oh brother :worthy: Here we go again - making the tourists paranoid

I go to IKEA in Carson all the time. It's right off the 405 and it's completely safe. Nothing but a business district.

It's the same with the Home Depot soccor field. It's not in the residential neighborhood, and the out-of-towners will be there during broad daylight.

Stop scaring the tourists before they even get here guys! Sheesh!

Thanks, Mike. We're taking my mom and her husband to Casa de Pico, but I think I'll try to check out some other places in the Old Town, too. And yeah, Balboa Park is great fun. Great pics there...so many Birds of Paradise down there. Can't wait to get away from here (Spokane AKA Hades) and to there. :)

If Casa de Pico is the restaurant I'm thinking you're talking about - bring some reading material for the line for a table.... I've never gotten to go there because we didn't have the patience to wait.

Side note: like a 1/2 mile away from Trabuco Hills HS for you Phantom Phans... there is an AWESOME restaurant called Tortilla Flats. The green corn tamales and enchiladas verde are Yummy!

Can someone show me towards some good mexican food? I would prefer it be in the southern LA/San Diego area. I heard a rumor that there is some place near San Diego where you can get some killer fish tacos!! :)

Try the mexican restaurants at olvera st. they are pretty authentic. It's a tourist area across the street from the main entrance of union station. A quick 15 minute ride from pasadena on the gold line subway. Also, 1 block east is phillipe, where the french dip sandwich was invented. Awesome.