Crown climbing towards top 5?

with several corps, crown and bluecoats being 2 of them, does it look like in many years we could see the top 3, 4, or even 5 being with a point or 2, that the recruiting and instructional staffs are getting so good across the nation that many corps will be putting up 97/98 or higher scores come finals week and really make it so anything could happen on a regular basis? because it seems generally we know who the winner will be within the last week or so of tour, occasionally there is a close runner. I don't know if this made any sense, but i guess i'm just expected that in a few years, so many corps will be so much better that, heck even 12 place corps could be get scoring in the 90s, and not because of inflated judging, but because of better teaching and better programing from more than just the "elite" corps. Because we all know often times corps in that 7-15 rank sometimes have excellent corps, with just an easy or sometimes poorly written show and they score well just because they are good, and that sometimes there are great shows in the range with weak performers, but someday we could have 12-15 corps with great performers and great staff and programs on a regular basis. Anyone else think thats a possibility someday? Because even with Bluecoats and Crown getting way good, I don't foresee any of the "elite" not being "way good" in the future.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with several corps, crown and bluecoats being 2 of them, does it look like in many years we could see the top 3, 4, or even 5 being with a point or 2, that the recruiting and instructional staffs are getting so good across the nation that many corps will be putting up 97/98 or higher scores come finals week and really make it so anything could happen on a regular basis? because it seems generally we know who the winner will be within the last week or so of tour, occasionally there is a close runner. I don't know if this made any sense, but i guess i'm just expected that in a few years, so many corps will be so much better that, heck even 12 place corps could be get scoring in the 90s, and not because of inflated judging, but because of better teaching and better programing from more than just the "elite" corps. Because we all know often times corps in that 7-15 rank sometimes have excellent corps, with just an easy or sometimes poorly written show and they score well just because they are good, and that sometimes there are great shows in the range with weak performers, but someday we could have 12-15 corps with great performers and great staff and programs on a regular basis. Anyone else think thats a possibility someday? Because even with Bluecoats and Crown getting way good, I don't foresee any of the "elite" not being "way good" in the future.

I agree...and to answer your question, yes I can see that happening the problem is what you said in the next sentence: "I don't forsee any of the "elite" not being "way good" in the future." Like I said earlier, "outsiders" such as Bluecoats and Crown will have to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that they belong in the top tier. I cite Star 1990 as an example of an outsider busting through the glass ceiling. Bluecoats look to be doing that this year.

Love love love Crown.

But that Top 5 nut is tough to crack.

True but I think its gonna happen I bet they will end up in 4th wouldnt that be cool

As much as I am enjoying Crown's show this year I don't see a 4th place finish; SCV's show is just more complex. We already know Cadets, Blue Devils and Cavaliers are top three candidates; plus Blue Coats and Phantom want a piece of the pie. Sorry Crown -- you will have to pay one more year of dues before breaking into the true elite crowd.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

When I saw the Crown down in Allentown, i was extremely impressed. they were clearly the crowd favorite, and their color guard is also extremely good this year, beating everyone. Blue devils, Cadets, phantom, vanguard, and the show concept is really good in my mind. but the scores aren't showing, if they work on getting their percussion scores up, i defiantly think they have a legitimate shot at the top 5. I didnt think their G.E. was that bad, but it didnt stack up well against the cadets, neither did their brass, but they definatly hav alot of potential, keep it up guys!

There are just so many good corps in the top 7 this year. If you break it down it looks like BD and Cadets are beginning to seperate from the group just a bit. Cavies next with Coats and Santa Clara all kind of bunched together. That leaves Crown and PR. The reality is everyone in the top 7 has GOT to be considered a contender RIGHT NOW. Not sure how things are going to play out but I am pulling for Crown and if Bluecoats can make the rise they have over the past few seasons, whos to say Crown cant?

Edited by BlueByYou2000

no.

~>conner