Louisville Review

Yeah, i wasnt a big fan of that whole preachy team speak.

That last thing you mentioned...what the guy says there is actually dependent on whether the guard behind him all catches :satisfied:

Well that's pretty cool. B)

Well that's pretty cool. B)

Yup...if you watch the kid in the pit, he turns around and looks at them before he speaks. Im hoping he says 'good, again' at finals tho :satisfied:

Thanks for the review. Just one piece of advice the next time you use Ticketmaster.

To Ticketmaster, "best available" means close to the field. They aren't thinking drum corps where "best available" is in the center high up. You'd be better off ordering by specific section.

Again, thanks for the review.

I have learned that with Ticketmaster you need to get an agent on the phone if you really want the best seats. It is a pain to wait and hit the right buttons and get an agent on the phone, but well worth it.

Thanks for the review. Just one piece of advice the next time you use Ticketmaster.

To Ticketmaster, "best available" means close to the field. They aren't thinking drum corps where "best available" is in the center high up. You'd be better off ordering by specific section.

Again, thanks for the review.

I never thought about this prior to ordering from ticketmaster.... You can teach an old dog new tricks!

Well, before the show started they had a few minute delay in getting the mics working. I was really proud of the Louisville audience while they worked this out. I mean, no one yelled out anything at all. Everyone just sat in complete silence for about two minutes. It felt like their was great anticipation building and I actually got a little nervous, but then they figured out the problem and the show went on You could tell that they spent time working on enunciating each word better. The kid who does the final segment did like 1000 times better than he did in the Annapolis show. I really did not like this part when I first heard it, but after tonight, I thought it worked really well. There was one part where the mic did go out. After the girl says: "Martha Graham said,....." Then it cut out and we got to hear the whole beginning of Blue Shades without narration. It wasn't too big of a technical problem, but they really, really need to make sure this doesn't happen anywhere close to finals week... boy that would be a disaster.

I'm glad that someone has started to finally take notice of the quality of the sound rather than just the narration itself.

First of all, I wasn't the show in Louisville, but I have seen the Cadets a few times this year, and I have not been impressed with their audio. What I've noticed so far is that many of the narrators (especially the "I was never popular in high school" narrator) absolutely eat the microphone for lunch. The sound coming out of the speakers is boomy and poppy because their improper microphone usage. Also, at one show I was at, there was a lot of crackling coming through the speakers, which sounded to me like a microphone or speaker cable going bad. In addition to this, you had best be sitting at least 20 rows up if you plan to watch the Cadets because the speakers are LOUD. I sat on the second row on the 40 yard line (right in front of the speaker) at one show and I noticed at the end of the show that everything was much quieter than normal because my ears had just been blasted away for the past 11 minutes. These problems are what distract me the most about the narration.

To hear that they have now had a complete technical breakdown signifies to me that the Cadets need to pay more attention to their audio, because their show absolutely depends on it. They have the most narration out of any drum corps this season. Because of this, the sound needs to be of the highest quality that it can be in order to have the smoothest, least distracting narration possible.

Maybe this should be its own topic, but I'm glad that someone had raised the point, so I just posted here.

Edited by k1001001