DCI Honoring Alumni Serving our country

I know this might be a downer of a topic, and if it has already been asked and answered in advance I apologize. I am curious to know if any DCI alumni have been lost in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. if so, I am wondering if there are any plans to give tribute to them at pasadena along with all the alumni who are currently serving. It seems to me I keep hearing of more and more Alumni who are currently serving in the military.

Just curious,

Taters

Most corps probably would have posted it on their websites if they were aware of it, so hopefully not. I can remember back during the Vietnam era though when some corps did lose members - and they weren't "alumni" either.

DCI has been running from their historic military ties so I don’t know and I I don’t think they need to be 'lost' to be worthy of being honored either

I thought I had indicated honoring both those lost and currently serving. I don't think DCI runs from its military background I often see One branch or another at shows either as the Honor Guard for the American Anthem or performing in exhibition, so I am not sure why anyone would say that. that would be a shame if it were true.

Random DCI/military story... My recruiter that put me in the Army marched Suncoast Sound in 1985, I thought that was pretty cool. He worked with me by getting a ship date that ended right after tour in 2005. When his recruiting tour was over he ended up going to the same unit as me, the 173rd Airborne. We're both in Afghanistan now.

Just thought it was a weird/cool series of events. :)

We're both in Afghanistan now.

My BIL is getting ready to leave for Afghanistan...again

Thank you and stay safe.

Random DCI/military story... My recruiter that put me in the Army marched Suncoast Sound in 1985, I thought that was pretty cool. He worked with me by getting a ship date that ended right after tour in 2005. When his recruiting tour was over he ended up going to the same unit as me, the 173rd Airborne. We're both in Afghanistan now.

Thanks for what you are doing.

Nice.

I used 364 days out of 365 of my delayed enlistment into the Marines so that I could march another year.

I got back from finals in 92, had my birthday on the 17th then left for boot camp 3 days later.

Say hi to our Canadian boys over there......if you should see them !!!