Don't write them off yet...

who would win chuck norris or gravity.

I'm stunned that you would even ask. The only reason he is making an allowance for Gravity is to keep the Judges and fans attached to the planet.....for the time being.

(btw: I'll talk to Chuck about going easy on you)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their show "may continue to climb", but it also continues to suck. Don't know how they pulled the number today, as I thought Troopers should have mopped the field with them.

Using the word suck is quite rude. Don't you think?

Using the word suck is quite rude. Don't you think?

i would not have noticed that was in there if you didn't say that. That is a terrible thing to say.

I wasn't fond of that remark either, but I don't want people gettin' all up on my case for being hypersensitive when I spend most of my time gettin' all up in other people's cases for being hypersensitive.

I highly doubt it. Semis, yes, finals...no way I'm afraid.

Remember that Mandarins, PC and Academy weren't at this show.

I'd say that based upon what's happened in the past week, it's entirely possible. 4 points behind Blue Stars in Salem on the 10th, 2 points behind Blue Stars today. They're closing the gap on current top 12 contenders at lightening speed. Will they make it, who knows? But based upon their starting place and the progress that they're making with little more than a week on an entire show's worth of brand new drill, they have the chance to make things very interesting.

And here I was thinking that something like this couldn't happen in today's DCI....shame on me! :P

I highly doubt it. Semis, yes, finals...no way I'm afraid.

Remember that Mandarins, PC and Academy weren't at this show.

However, two weeks ago, Blue Stars were beating them by 6-7 points. Now it is down to two. Not bad for two weeks, with four to go.

Really all that matters is that both the audience and the members have a great time! If the corps continues to improve (which I have no reason to doubt), the members and audiences will have the time of their lives regardless of their season ending placement! These are the customers of Drum Corps!

The marks are simply a bonus, which almost never truly reflect on an individuals' performance... This is why each individual needs to be able to truthfully evaluate and adjust their own experience/performance to eventually get it as close to "ON" as they can... Whether you march Pioneer, Madison, SCV, BD or any of the other 18+ corps, the personal goals should be the same! In the end, it's the performances and the brother/sisterhood that we carry with us, not the scores!

The problem is the show. Not the ultimate excellence level of the corps itself which isn't terrible at this point. Madison brassline sounds like they have the talent they have always had, percussion and guard are struggling with performance issues. Regardless, they are cleaning up but you still have to look at the written product.

Best wishes and luck to the scouts!

Their show "may continue to climb", but it also continues to suck.

Do you really have to use the word "suck" to make a point??? I don't care if you like their show or not, but is that really necessary??

Do you really have to use the word "suck" to make a point??? I don't care if you like their show or not, but is that really necessary??

Eh, I'm sure he has his self-justified petty reasons for acting this way....