Does anyone have a full review of the show including all performing groups? There were many alumni and ensemble groups there and we would love to hear a review of them as well.

Thanks.

Well, since I performed and Cabs Alumni were the only exibition corps I saw here's my review of you guys Andy. As a brass player I can only comment about the brass, this is especially the case becasue I was pleasently surprised that they played so well! In past years I couldn't stand listening to this corps because of poor brass quality and technique, a bad 1960's drum corps if you will. They literally gave me a headache at times when I listened to them in the past. This should not be construed as bashing but a point of comparision to this year's corps as they must have realized the same thing. I saw Larry Kerschner standing on the sideline while they were performing and immediatly knew why they played so much better, a good 1960's drum corps if you will. This year's corps is light years better than previous years and I am actually looking forward to seeing you guys perform again, you've made a new fan. Congratulations on a great job! Oh yeah, and please tell Jimmy Russo that his uniform is hideous! :sshh: Who was his tailor, Hellen Keller?! :P

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading.

Just estimates: 64 brass, 10 pit, 9 snares, 5 tenors, 6 cymbals, 9 rifles, 16 silks, 2dm

I didn't even think the outcome was within three points: Reading is that good. There is no weak section. The drill is excellently written and marched. The brass was easily the best of the night and the battery played as well as I've heard them. Their pit is often not much-mentioned, but they can really play well, and set a mood for the corps that is unique. The colorguard nicely complements the other sections, with what appears to be demanding equipment work. I believe this corps to be unbeatable this year. Great job (as ususal) Bucs!

Cabs

35brass, 8snares, 4 tenors, 5bd, 10 pit, 25 cg, 6hg, ?dms.

Super-battery powered!!! The Cab's battery rocks every show and this was no different. They throw down some serious notes and do it well. If any battery will dethrone the Bucs, it will be the Cab's section. The Cab's brass is soooo much a different beast than last year. In 06 the Cabs, were big and loud, but without much nuance. This year the hornline is mortal size, but plays and marches better in terms of execution. The guard work was well-done with some really nice rifle work. I love the closer and Cabs' DM takes top honors for entertainment value. All of this said, I didn't think it was close between Bucs and Cabs. Still, I think Cabs are a couple points up on anyone else and seems likely to place second in September.

I would assume that your "Estimate" for the Bucs should also include 5bd's as well. I also expected to see a bigger number for the Cabs hornline from previous threads during the course of the Winter and Spring.

Wishing the best to all DCA drum corps for a fun and exciting 2007 season !!!

I would assume that your "Estimate" for the Bucs should also include 5bd's as well. I also expected to see a bigger number for the Cabs hornline from previous threads during the course of the Winter and Spring.

Wishing the best to all DCA drum corps for a fun and exciting 2007 season !!!

For the record it was 39 brass +- , 9 snare, 4 tenor, 4 cymbals, 5BDs, At last count maybe 300 guard. Seems that way anyway!!! :P

For the record it was 39 brass +- , 9 snare, 4 tenor, 4 cymbals, 5BDs, At last count maybe 300 guard. Seems that way anyway!!! :P

If you think that you should see our guard!

Laura congratulations. I was joking around with a friend of mine talking about who we thought would win the soloist award at the show, and at that moment you started playing your solo, and I said "that mellophone soloist is going to win." my reasoning: "she's d### good".

Nice Job Laura and Congrats from the Sunrisers!!!

John Clougher

Sunrisers 80-present

THANKS JOHN!! Congrats yourself and to SUn on what's shaping up to be a very successful season. KEEP GOING!!

Laura – from one mello to another CONGRATULATIONS!! You ARE the best!!

Lydia

Thanks Lydia! See you this weekend.

Laura congratulations. I was joking around with a friend of mine talking about who we thought would win the soloist award at the show, and at that moment you started playing your solo, and I said "that mellophone soloist is going to win." my reasoning: "she's d### good".

Wow. Thanks so much for the kind words leadsop. It's been a whirlwind last few days. Not sure it has sunk in yet. Hope to meet you at a show this season!

THANKS JOHN!! Congrats yourself and to SUn on what's shaping up to be a very successful season. KEEP GOING!!

Thanks Lydia! See you this weekend.

Wow. Thanks so much for the kind words leadsop. It's been a whirlwind last few days. Not sure it has sunk in yet. Hope to meet you at a show this season!

Outstanding job, Laura!

Tex

Amazing job Laura. I was able to make it to the show and my buddies and I all agreed that you honored the Hawthorne tradition on Saturday night. It was very appropriate that the winner of this award at the Grand Prix was a member of "America's Corps". I know Cos was probably smiling upon you from upstairs on Saturday night.