Crossmen (Atlanta )

Exactly! I can completely see why they are suffering in some of the execution captions, but why are their GE scores so low. . .especially visual GE?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a dumb question!

When do the judges actually START judging a show? Is it after "you may enter the field for competition"?

I have noticed that most corps are doing something before any announcements are said. I can't help but

believe that they are being judged the moment the first member steps on the field.

Someone please clarify for me!! :worthy::doh::doh:

Exactly! I can completely see why they are suffering in some of the execution captions, but why are their GE scores so low. . .especially visual GE?

im on the same boat as you my friend. performance qualities all around definitely need work, but that does not mean the ge scores should be suffering as much as they are.

the only explanation i can think of is that the low performance quality is holding ge back.

but regardless of if many people like the show or not, the corp definitely have a smartly designed and balanced program.

Just a dumb question!

When do the judges actually START judging a show? Is it after "you may enter the field for competition"?

I have noticed that most corps are doing something before any announcements are said. I can't help but

believe that they are being judged the moment the first member steps on the field.

Someone please clarify for me!! :worthy::rock::ph34r:

I believe judging starts after the phrase"you may enter the field for competition". I remember back when John Brazale was still doing Phantom Regiment's show. They would do drill and playing for them backfield warmup. It looked great and they didn't get judged for it.

Did the Crossmen guard have their new flags in Atlanta?

BackBeat

Yes. The flags are all in.

What I don't understand is how the guard can be 4th, 6th in ensemble visual and visual GE 9th. Something doesn't make sense to me with those numbers. I also don't understand how all the visual changes that have been made since Allentown - including the flags - and the GE visual score can go down.

oh ya the cape intro is by far on of the coolest things i have ever seen in dci.. and thats with no bias... i was amazed!

Are there any photos of the capes or the new flags? The drill for the cape intro looked really cool but the capes weren't finished yet when I saw it.

I'll resist the temptation to talk about black helicopters. From what I've seen/heard of the show, it's a beast. Not sure how young the corps is this year, but I'd imagine that with the demands the show puts on them, it's VERY difficult to sell.

I think they'll get a nice little emotional boost once they go through Sevierville :)

Anyone have pics of the cape intro? *drooling*

Edited by bigCPApi

They are doing the Sevierville show? Anyone who goes, expect to see a certain visitor that night for the corps, as it is the site of the show where the Crossmen where disqualified many years ago.

It's almost fitting that they go there this year.