Central Square Review?

Anyone brave enough to report on this show? :P You have to be pretty gutsy to put your thoughts into this forum, I realize...

On the personal interest side, I'd really love to know what accounted for the widening of the gap between Brigs and Cru.

Cheers

Jim

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jim

I too would like to read a review (Mike D?) but the stands were only partially filled (to be generous) as the clouds threatened and occasionally delivered with on and off rain from about 6:30 on.

Suffice it to say that we had an exceptional day of rehearsal and accomplished virtually all of our planned goals for the day. One or two new gremlins appeared during the show but they are very quickly fixable.

I thought the percussion panel was very knowledgeable (maybe the best I've seen in DCA in the last 3 years) and provided us with some very helpful remarks. Once again the onus falls on the staff to implement the judges observations to allow the members to challenge for the middle spots of the top ten. Our work ethic is very good, as you had a chance to observe first hand. Hope your doing well. See you in Syracuse?

Hi Jim

I too would like to read a review (Mike D?) but the stands were only partially filled (to be generous) as the clouds threatened and occasionally delivered with on and off rain from about 6:30 on.

Suffice it to say that we had an exceptional day of rehearsal and accomplished virtually all of our planned goals for the day. One or two new gremlins appeared during the show but they are very quickly fixable.

I thought the percussion panel was very knowledgeable (maybe the best I've seen in DCA in the last 3 years) and provided us with some very helpful remarks. Once again the onus falls on the staff to implement the judges observations to allow the members to challenge for the middle spots of the top ten. Our work ethic is very good, as you had a chance to observe first hand. Hope your doing well. See you in Syracuse?

IGNORE the score - keep working.

Anyone brave enough to report on this show? :P You have to be pretty gutsy to put your thoughts into this forum, I realize...

Hot dogs were pretty good!

(That came from the three year old who stood next to me)

As I was marching with Empire, I was only able to actually see and hear the performance of the Brigs. I have to say that I definitly enjoyed this show! I think the concept is great. The balad was amazing (props to soloists... wow!). It is my opinion that the Brigs have a very solid show. I'd love to see it again, but that probably won't happen until Finals DVD's make it to my doorstep. Great job Brigs, and good luck!

Patrick

:worthy:

There's a smart ### in every crowd (and we know who the smart ### in THIS crowd is) :P

You look very, very, sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxy in your toga. :doh::doh::doh:

I can honestly say that had I marched this year not once would I have ever wanted to quit the horn line and join up with the "pitters".

How soon before Mikey is wearing one???

And that kid wasn't kidding..........I went back for a second hot dog after the WS finished up!!!

B) B)

As I was marching with Empire, I was only able to actually see and hear the performance of the Brigs. I have to say that I definitly enjoyed this show! I think the concept is great. The balad was amazing (props to soloists... wow!). It is my opinion that the Brigs have a very solid show. I'd love to see it again, but that probably won't happen until Finals DVD's make it to my doorstep. Great job Brigs, and good luck!

Patrick

Mike if your going to go to all these shows you might as well get back in line and play. We had to put Ben out there because of the swiss cheese in the contra line. Will be in Newark this weekend stop by if you get a chance. B)

You look very, very, sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxy in your toga. :worthy::doh::doh:

I can honestly say that had I marched this year not once would I have ever wanted to quit the horn line and join up with the "pitters".

How soon before Mikey is wearing one???

And that kid wasn't kidding..........I went back for a second hot dog after the WS finished up!!!

You saw the show? WRITE A REVIEW! please :(

mike you should come check us out theres always room in the contra section