Where is everyone staying in Pasadena?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pasadena hotels are pretty much sold out. Here are some other options not too far away. I found all these on Expedia.com and, as of last Saturday, all had rooms available. The stars are their rating system for quality/amenities.

Hilton, Glendale (3 1/2 stars) $189

That's where I am Thursday-Saturday night at the DCI discounted rate of $115. ^OO^

I sure hope DCI announces their plans for ticket sales soon. My plan was to spend Wednesday night on the ocean in Santa Monica (although the Hotel Oceana looks real nice, I'm quickly running out of money to spend on accommodations!). If we have to stand in line 1st thing in the morning, I might have to find something a little bit closer. :(

How far is Santa Monica from Pasadena? Just my girlfriend flying out and just got tickets today for Semis and Finals. We would like to stay somewhere nice. $150/night range would be what Im looking for. Thanks for any help you can be.

LA driving isn't about distance. It's about traffic. Santa Monica and Pasadena are on opposite sides of Los Angeles. It could take you 45 minutes or 2 hours depending on the time of day and the traffic conditions. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a lot of time to kill, or you're a gambler.

That's where I am Thursday-Saturday night at the DCI discounted rate of $115.

Good deal! Are there still discounted rooms available?

I'll be at the Ritz-Carlton on Wednesday - Saturday nights.

Good deal! Are there still discounted rooms available?
I don't think so. The DCI website stopped taking reservations on July 9th I believe. I imagine unused rooms were then opened back up to the public.

Not sure where Im saying yet ... my friend and I just decided last week to go Friday to Semis and probably a beach on Saturday .... so still trying to find a reasonable cost place to stay Fri and Sat nights

Go directly to the convention center webpage. They have better deals than just going directly to the hotles. I believe the one in Arcadia ( 8 miles away) had rooms for $104. A lower budget Hilton...

Nancy

Edited by neholgate

Go directly to the convention center webpage. They have better deals than just going directly to the hotles. I believe the one in Arcadia ( 8 miles away) had rooms for $104. A lower budget Hilton...

Nancy

http://www.pasadenacal.com/housing/dci_closing.htm

Ah yes. Closed.

They do list the hotels in the area that still had availablity. Hope they can still give you good rates...and don't forget, AAA saves you an additional 10% off the rates.

Nancy