Did Anyone See CorpsVets This Weekend?

Every review has skipped us!!! We'd like to know what y'all thought about our show. Even if you hate us, a little mention is better than just not noticing and that goes for all the corps from any circuit or division that perform in any show. Even if you went to the restroom during a particular performance, it's nice to mention that in a review. ( I didn't see The XXXXX of XXXXXX because I went to tinkle and got some nachos)

I'm just sayin'

Big Ken

CorpsVets 1998 - ???

Ken,

I saw CorpsVets at the Dome and was much impressed with the improvement since I last saw the corps in Alpharetta in late June. The horns displayed improved stamina, intonation and precision. The visual production was much cleaner and the feet were better, as well. My girlfriend, who was experiencing only her second drum corps show ever, even commented on how much better CorpsVets were since her last viewing (also Alpharetta). She is an ex-coworker and long time friend of Marvin's and was pre-disposed to be a CorpVets fan anyway! :P

CorpVets were - in a word - enjoyable! Keep plugging, big guy - the hard work is paying dividends!

Best Regards,

Michael Terry

Woodstock, GA

Ken,

I saw CorpsVets at the Dome and was much impressed with the improvement since I last saw the corps in Alpharetta in late June. The horns displayed improved stamina, intonation and precision. The visual production was much cleaner and the feet were better, as well. My girlfriend, who was experiencing only her second drum corps show ever, even commented on how much better CorpsVets were since her last viewing (also Alpharetta). She is an ex-coworker and long time friend of Marvin's and was pre-disposed to be a CorpVets fan anyway! :P

CorpVets were - in a word - enjoyable! Keep plugging, big guy - the hard work is paying dividends!

Best Regards,

Michael Terry

Woodstock, GA

Thanks for the comments. It is always nice to hear that the hard work is paying off. Performance is a blast!

Not to mention that there are a lot of people on here who saw us, have opinions, and have the background to back up the opinions they might have.

I respect a lot of reviewers that post here, and love every comment we get, good or bad.

I thought that CorpsVets were fantastic. The show is very entertaining, the hornline was specatcular, and the guard was very good as well. You guys are one of the better All-age corps I have seen this summer. You have some soloists that can really wail. I also enjoyed hearing some tunes that I have not heard in a while, but are great charts (i.e., Bacchanalia).

My wife really enjoyed your show as well. She is deaf and tends to focus only on the visual aspects, and generally is not a huge fan of all-age corps as a result. She really thought you guys were good. It even took her a few minutes to realize you were an all-age corps (I think she thought you might have been a Div II/III corps or something).

Great job! I wish I would have the opportunity to see you guys again. Best of luck for the remainder of the season.

Ken!! Gerald!! You guys were great!!

Honestly.

That loud and aggressive standing ovation CV received at the end was definately earned. VERY enjoyable, emotional show and performed with confidence. I would say CV has stepped up quite a bit in quality over last year. A little work on hornline balance, marching technique by all, and drill cleaning, and this will be a very fine package to send to Rochester at Labor Day.

By the way, very impressive warmup session just outside the stadium by the percussion section. So many seasoned veterans in the Battery (tenors and basses OMG!) and a lot of new, solid talent in the Pit. It was no wonder why a big crowd gathered to watch. Leif's effective and famous use of humor to correct/embarrass individual players was half the show! b**bs

And at risk of igniting yet another useless debate, myself and another CV percussion alumni, sitting half way up the JSU stadium on the 30 yard line, did in fact hear the tenors and snares JUST FINE. :sshh:

Edited by Egon

And at risk of igniting yet another useless debate, myself and another CV percussion alumni, sitting half way up the JSU stadium on the 30 yard line, did in fact hear the tenors and snares JUST FINE. :sshh:

Tenors? Snares?

Thanks for the review man. I had a blast. This DCI crowd was awesome!

Hey Tim,

Your wife might find it interesting to know that one of our marimba players is deaf. If y'all noticed the front ensemble, the marimba player closest to the timpani is our resident "Hear No Evil." :) It's been an interesting season performing with her, to say the least! :D

2621766490032437388WLILym_th.jpg

I saw corpvets from the back stands on sunday night in jacksonville after our performance...

a really solid and entertaining show. the flying start opener of 'georgia' is a great programming touch as it gets the audience's attention right away. the rest of the music was good, but we were backfield, so i can't accurately comment on anything other than the fact that the audience really liked the show!

i wasn't in a vantage point to comment on visual design or cleanliness, but the feet looked good and visual technique looked pretty uniform from member to member. the guard did a nice job and had some very effective ensemble moments.

a solid show with good effect moments that garnered some really big applause/ovations from the crowd! congrats!

was great to see CV again and always fun to hang with the DM's at retreat.

A BIG THANKS TO CV for allowing MCL to borrow your podiums and a marimba for our show. it was MUCH appreciated.

looking forward to seeing you in nashville on august 4th for Music City Metal I!!!!

:mmm: