Did Anyone See CorpsVets This Weekend?

I saw both the Atlanta and Alpharetta shows and as a casual observer with no musical ability I must say I loved it. I really liked the trumpet solo parts and it is cool to see you guys getting it done...

keep up the fine work

I won't see you guys until Aug 4th, but I was in Tupelo last night wearing my CV shirt. The people sitting behind me were at the JSU show and they couldn't stop talking about how much they loved the show. They also commented on the amount of sound was coming out of the hornline. I can't wait to see it!

I am still recovering from my marathon drum corps weekend (murfreesboro, working GA Dome from 7am-12:30am, and Jacksonville) or I would have posted a full review.

I was pretty harsh on Corpsvets in my review for the Alpharetta show on here, but was very much impressed with the performance at JSU Sunday night. Wow, obviously they have done alot of hard work in the couple of weekends between performances!

I heard they need baritones...hmmm, I may be seeing if i can work it out to join them...enjoyed them very much!

I am still recovering from my marathon drum corps weekend (murfreesboro, working GA Dome from 7am-12:30am, and Jacksonville) or I would have posted a full review.

I was pretty harsh on Corpsvets in my review for the Alpharetta show on here, but was very much impressed with the performance at JSU Sunday night. Wow, obviously they have done alot of hard work in the couple of weekends between performances!

I heard they need baritones...hmmm, I may be seeing if i can work it out to join them...enjoyed them very much!

Thanks. Glad you liked the show. Now, get your baritone playin' butt to camp this weekend! Euphonium if you're able to hold onto one of those beasts.

I had the privilege of watching the CV show from up top in the press box. Nice job. It should be another crowd favorite in Rochester.

By the way, if you haven't bought the CV 10 year anniversary edition CD, get it. I really enjoyed listening to it on the drive from JSU to Chattanooga. I-59 has to be the most desolate interstate in America, although I-10 on the FL panhandle runs a close 2nd. Listening to those wailing hornlines helped keep me awake. And "Boogie Down" still sounds good after 6 years.

Now, back to the business of running the most anonymous drum corps in DCA. :worthy:

Hey Tim,

Your wife might find it interesting to know that one of our marimba players is deaf. If y'all noticed the front ensemble, the marimba player closest to the timpani is our resident "Hear No Evil." :) It's been an interesting season performing with her, to say the least! :D

2621766490032437388WLILym_th.jpg

That's awesome, and even more impressive!

Edited by SkyRyder_FMM

Hearing great things from out your way - can't wait to see y'all Aug 4th in Tenn.

Thanks for the tip Scott - had planned to pick up the 10th anniversary CD also. It was a very enjoyable 5 years for me and glad I got to be a part of it.

Best of luck to ya in 2007....looking forward to seeing all of you again.

Thanks. Glad you liked the show. Now, get your baritone playin' butt to camp this weekend! Euphonium if you're able to hold onto one of those beasts.

Planning on being there in the am! Worked over 14 hours yesterday, so I am feeling pretty old today, not sure about the Euphonium...

Planning on being there in the am! Worked over 14 hours yesterday, so I am feeling pretty old today, not sure about the Euphonium...

Woo hoo!