Cavaliers Basses

Look, I know you're miserable living in a world where drum corps has progressed past what it was when you marched but could you have managed to allow just one thread that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with "old vs. new" and ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING to do with sharing memories and information about some really amazing young people to stay on topic?

Why must you insist on trying to make everyone as miserable as you are?

And for the record, I can hear LOTS of bass drumline ALL THE TIME. It's some of my favorite parts of just about any show.

Go be bitter in your own thread.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 inch bass drums! That's funny. They aren't heavy because they're nothing more than a glorified tenor drum being played vertically. All bass drums are now so small and cranked up so high, that there is basically no more BASS sound in a drumline anymore............

Hmmm, last I heard( and mine you, I aged out two years ago so things "could" have changed), the standard size to a bassline in corps is 18, 20, 24, 28, 32. Some corps opt for a 22/26 in the middle and even a 30 at bottom but other then that basses are a great size.

Now I know they arent like old days where top bass was a 24" drum, but.....more musicality has to be thought of now a days with basslines being given a number of melodic lines and motifs.

And to agree with which Scribetoo, open your ears and you'll hear plenty of bass notes. I can go down a list of moments in a show(s) from previous years where the bassline was more then presence in the music.

Listen to Cavies 04 for instances...... :bleah:

:o

HOLY POO HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Did i tell you about that?

yes you told me about you and Jeff. and I honestly was shocked. :P

back on topic. Kevin and Jeff. those two are funnier than all of comedy central. not hard to do, I know. :P

yes you told me about you and Jeff. and I honestly was shocked. :P

220px-sbemail24.PNG

DA DOUBLE DEUCE!!!

• 4 weeks later...
a little info for you guys on Cavies' top bass.

His name is Richard. Went to Reagan HS, goes to UT Austin, marched Cadet's pit 05-06(I believe). As stated before, this is his ageout.

Great guy, good hands, great marcher even for his short status.

He marched along side me in indoor for a season, glad to see him finally able to play bass for his ageout.

There's your boy...up front!!

DCI_Championships_100.jpg

See you guys at banquet!!! B)

There's your boy...up front!!

DCI_Championships_100.jpg

See you guys at banquet!!! B)

They're all grinning because Jeff was standing behind the photographer saying, "line 'em up like a Verizon commercial!"

who couldn't love those guys? They should be on a bottle of something!!

I spent all summer volunteering for The Cavaliers. In pre tour I had my doubts that Rich would make it. 1st bass in Cavaliers is not that easy of a job.

This kid gave 200% all year. He has the heart of a champion. It made me so proud to meet his mom and brother at finals and hear just how proud they were of him.

He is a remarkably talented kid, that when given an a chance put his heart and soul into it.

And besides that he is a great person.

I will miss him next year.