History being made.

Another point of interest is that the snare line is the only section in the KAC that is made up of true alumni. No guests. It was decided early on to try and maintain this policy as long as the quality of the line was upheld. Otherwise I'm sure we could have marched 50 snares.

In other news, we've yet to put a foreign face on Mount Rushmore!

70s era Kingsmen snares = my super heroes. Dropped my stick twice in my PAS solo back in the late 80s out sheer anxiety. I didn't realize until I got up to perform that Rob Carson was a judge. Felt like I'd already failed, because I wasn't going to play anything he hadn't seen when was 12 years old. :blink:

Edited by Gaddabout

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Tansea...how was it ?? :blink:

ohhhhhh... salt...wound... pour!

So, Tansea...how was it ?? :worthy:

Revealing. Eye opening. Frustrating. I learned a great deal about myself and those close to me. I leanred what team work really is, and what it isn't. I learned the true meaning of

Spectemur Agendo

and what it can hide.

As to the people in the corps and their performance, it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen, sans tic sheet. I lost my voice cheering for my loving wife and broke down crying on more than one occasion.

I am walking away from this with some life long friendships and some deeply held enemies.

So how was it? *sigh*

I may be writing about it in my blog on Myspace, I may not. I will be writing a Fable titled, "The Dog and the Sheep", which will tell the story of the cymbal line in particular. If you want to read it, let me know in a PM.

But you know what?

B)

Revealing. Eye opening. Frustrating. I learned a great deal about myself and those close to me. I leanred what team work really is, and what it isn't. I learned the true meaning of

Spectemur Agendo

and what it can hide.

As to the people in the corps and their performance, it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen, sans tic sheet. I lost my voice cheering for my loving wife and broke down crying on more than one occasion.

I am walking away from this with some life long friendships and some deeply held enemies.

So how was it? *sigh*

I may be writing about it in my blog on Myspace, I may not. I will be writing a Fable titled, "The Dog and the Sheep", which will tell the story of the cymbal line in particular. If you want to read it, let me know in a PM.

But you know what?

B)

Did I miss something?

Spectemur Agendo

and what it can hide.

Well, I had to look that one up: Let us be judged by our acts.

I know you intend a particular meaning pertaining to your own experiences, but isn't that true of life, in general? I know it's disappointing to have hopes dashed because of the reality of working with human beings. I guess I learned that lesson at an early age, and then saw it born out repeatedly, so I never doubted the truth of it. And I understand that there are specifics to your particular situation that you don't want to address publicly. But I do hope that whatever negative experiences you had don't overwhelm the wonderful experiences you and your wife enjoyed. Maybe in the end, it will all balance out for you. I hope so.

Well, I had to look that one up: Let us be judged by our acts.

I know you intend a particular meaning pertaining to your own experiences, but isn't that true of life, in general? I know it's disappointing to have hopes dashed because of the reality of working with human beings. I guess I learned that lesson at an early age, and then saw it born out repeatedly, so I never doubted the truth of it. And I understand that there are specifics to your particular situation that you don't want to address publicly. But I do hope that whatever negative experiences you had don't overwhelm the wonderful experiences you and your wife enjoyed. Maybe in the end, it will all balance out for you. I hope so.

Okay. CLEARLY, I missed something.

Okay. CLEARLY, I missed something.

Could be that I misinterpreted Mike's post. If so, I apologize.

No, no misinterpretation...I had a less than stellar experience.

Although the day I spent at the beach rather than being at reheasal was fabulous. B)

But as you said, a public forum, especially this one, is not the place.

Mike, PM me what happened? I have a feeling we may have something in common, (along with the rest of the 1987 Argonauts).

Edited by apoch003