Drum Corps from Cajun Country

But you are a great supportive parent. And I am sure your member loves that. I know that I loved my parents being supportive. I just turned 29 on Sunday and i still love my parents support.

Not being in the stands every night has been the hardest thing. But, we wouldn't take this from him for anything. Thanks for the kind words. :)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're doin' fine, mom. high5_2.gif No worries.

Funny for me to call you "mom"... yer prolly a lot younger than me.

Maybe older, maybe not? It's fine either way. I really appreciate all of you on DCP (well almost all of you :blink: ). It has made it possible to still be a part of this, even though we are not there. Thanks!

Especially since the show in Baton Rouge is no more. Apparently LSU wouldn't let them use the field and the Memorial Stadium is unsuitable.

yeah, i heard LSU demands way too much money to rent out the monstrous, 92,000 seater Tiger Stadium for a night of drum corps...

....and Memorial Stadium is horribly unsuitable. not to mention, in a very sketchy part of baton rouge. I could have told you that years ago when they started having the show there. me and my mom almost got shot last year on the walk back to our car.

i missed the first few. took me forever to get into the show because it was so packed...but this is what I got....

Glassmen - really impressed with the colorguard. i can see some major improvements with this show and possibly locking themselves into a top 12 spot. entertaining for sure. the potential is right there. had them at an 78.9 -- actual score 79.4

Boston - ####. haha. loud as crap. which unfortunately turned into tons of stick outs. however, what a hornline! absolutely entertained and very worthy of the coveted 8th place position behind the top 7. colorguard had some issues, but nothing that cant be fixed. keep workin. dont give up. had them at an 81.8 -- actual score, 82.85

Vanguard - saw them in atlanta and was not impressed. saw them tonight in lafayette and was blown away. haha. man, that hornline has really come a long way. and the colorguard was awesome! i still have them behind coats and crown, but there is no way they will fall out of top 7. had them at an 86.6 -- actual score, 85.6

Phantom - wow. speechless. no words. there were too many amazing moments, I can't even begin to list them all. the crowd went absolutely nuts at least 5 times during the 11.5 minutes. hornline, so powerful. percussion, FLAWLESS. especially their timpani player. she is a cutie! shouldnt she be the covergirl for DCI? someone work on that. i loved watching her. she just gets so into it, and instead of just keeping her eyes glued to the conductor, she actually watches the percussion on the field, so she can stay in sync with them. i think i may have been watching her more than the rest of the corps. haha. colorguard was great too. but not the best i have seen this year. had them at an 88.7 --- actual score 87.3

excellent night of drum corps with an amazing crowd! cant wait for finals :)

Edited by Janets Boob