Drum Corps Mythbusters!

I didn't dig Star's 1993 show, but there is NO excuse for booing like that.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1988, Madison Scout's flight from Europe landed in Kansas City and they were driven directly to the staduim where they won prelims and then finals the next day.

Truth: We landed at O'Hare on July 5th and did all of second tour in the US. We did win prelms and finals...and in prelims Blue Devils went on right after us.

Also, Blue Coats never beat Madison in 1988. That's a rumor I heard a lot in the early 1990's in Ohio. At the first weekend where everone in the Midwest was out, Blue Coats took 2nd to Madison at the first show in Whitewater. They beat Star, Cavailers, Phantom, Sky Ryders, ... But not Scouts.

Edited by Scout

Veteran Drum Corps watchers will have to verify this as MYTH...... or TRUTH :

The Hawthorne Muchachos in 1975, ( a great Corps ) after performing the show of their lives in the Semi finals at DCI Championships, were told almost immediately after their performance that they were being disqualified from the Championships and their scores for the Semi's performance sealed for using an overage member. The Muchachoes were later told by a judge(s) that they won the Semi's beating the undefeated and eventual 1975 DCI Champion Madison Scouts ( a great Corps ). Myth or truth ?

4 or so days before prelims, Muchachos and Scouts were within 2 points of each other so it's plausible.

It is a myth that Madison was undefeated in 1975. They took 2nd to Vanguard on August 2nd at Whitewater Finals : http://www.fromthepressbox.com/1975seasonscores.htm

Edited by Brassop

Who is Star?

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kiddin'! b**bs

Myth: That the little rubber pellets from Grasstroturf stadiums ever come out of socks. I still have socks from 02 with little black pellets from San Antonio. I remember that they had just put it down and there were even wrinkles.

I know the first part was true, I was in Philadelphia. Don't know about the second part. For a third part, Muchachos did perform in exhibition that night at finals with one of the soloists performing from the press box.

Was it '75 Muchachos or '77 Bridgemen who got a legal judgement to force DCI to let them perform in the Finals night show?

Then he lied

Just my recollection. Could be wrong of course.

Was it '75 Muchachos or '77 Bridgemen who got a legal judgement to force DCI to let them perform in the Finals night show?

B-Men got the restraining order forcing DCI to allow them to compete. My recollection again.